Please! Please help!

I am expecting my first child, a daughter next month. I am so thrilled! I have pretty much gotten everything out of the way, except the most important factor. I cannot for the life of me come up with a name, any name I can see myself using. I am starting to freak out! Everyday I obsess about it and frequent this site. My husband, is so tired of hearing about names…I need help! I do consider myself to be somewhat of a name snob. I do not want anything trendy for my baby. I really want something classic and timeless, but nothing seems right. Any advice would be so appreciated! At this point I feel only a true berry knows how important this choice is, I really need you guys!

Hmm… classic names?

[name]How[/name] about

[name]Joy[/name]
[name]Catriona[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Thisbe[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Silvana[/name]
[name]Elke[/name]
[name]Mercedes[/name]
[name]Prudence[/name]
[name]Edenia[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
Pasqualina
Demelda
[name]Prisca[/name]
[name]Rafaela[/name]
[name]Portia[/name]
[name]Sophronia[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Matisse[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Justine[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Philomena[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Julia[/name]
[name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
Minevra
[name]Bethany[/name]
[name]Andressa[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Claudia[/name]
[name]Constance[/name]
Lysandra
[name]Elmira[/name]
Cassandrsa
[name]Alastrina[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Cerelia[/name]
[name]Maelys[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]

First, what kinds of names appeal to you? Make a list of names you like, just keep a notepad close by and jot down a name when you hear it or think of it. I’m such a name freak I makes name lists all the time instead of doodling! Sometimes I just make an alphabetical list of names I love, and another one of names I don’t love or can’t/won’t use for whatever reason. You may find it easier to start with that! (Include names of important exes of any kind, enemies, frenemies, names of kids belonging to people who are a large part of your life, etc.)

Also, by timeless and classic, what do you really mean? Like, British timeless, i.e., [name]Anne[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Catherine[/name]? Biblical/Puritanical, i.e., [name]Mary[/name], [name]Martha[/name], [name]Mercy[/name]? More recent/vintage that has a sort of a fresh offbeat sound for girls today, i.e., [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], or [name]Portia[/name] OR [name]Mae[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name]?

I [name]Love[/name]:

[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Anna[/name]
[name]Anabel[/name]
[name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Lisette[/name]

to me a classic, timeless name is where you don’t really know how old the person is if you just hear the name. could be a baby to an old lady…

I would suggest going to the baby names page and start with the letter A and write down every single A name you like, and then the Bs and so on. When you get to the end go back with a fresh page and your list and make 2 columns, one being names you cant or wouldnt use for some reason, and the other for names you love. When you get to the end of that list, you should have a nice short list of names you absolutely love, and then try them out, say the name out loud, yell it (cause you know you will be yelling your childs name) see if it sounds right. If it does, there is a good chance thats your babies name.

My idea of timeless and classic: [name]Claire[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name], [name]Octavia[/name], [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Geneva[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Virginia[/name], [name]Zelda[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name], [name]Opal[/name], [name]Camellia[/name], [name]Eulalia[/name], [name]Sapphira[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Cora[/name], [name]Elsa[/name], [name]Rosaria[/name], [name]Nina[/name], [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Selena[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Josephina[/name], [name]Lucy[/name], and [name]Vivian[/name].

Maybe…

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Diana[/name]
[name]Elle[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]