Please Rank My List!

I am having a baby boy in 3 weeks! My husband and I still can’t decide or agree on a name. What are your favorites from this list? Please rank the names to help us out and share any opinions. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any similar names to add?

[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] (favorite spelling?)
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
[name_m]Job[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Walt[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Walt[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
[name_m]Job[/name_m]

My favorites in this order: [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u], [name_m]Julian[/name_m], [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. Best of luck and Congratulations!

[name_m]Abel[/name_m]- 7/10. I think this is a nice name but not my favorite.
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]- I am neutral on this name, I actually prefer [name_m]Abraham[/name_m] 6/10.
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]- Not my favorite biblical name 5/10
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]- nice name and I like this spelling 7/10.
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]- my favorite from your list. 9/10
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]- not my favorite biblical name. 5/10
[name_m]Job[/name_m]- not my favorite biblical name 5/10.
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]- [name_m]Judah[/name_m] is nice. Perhaps you would like [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]?
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]- I like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] 7/10,
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]- you can’t go wrong with [name_m]Julian[/name_m] 7/10.
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]- I like the sound of [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] 6/10. Although I do think its great tied to [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] [name_m]Butler[/name_m].
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]- I am neutral on this 6/10.
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]- I like the connection to wisdom but I think it works better as a middle name.
[name_m]Walt[/name_m]- I like [name_m]Walt[/name_m]. Would you consider [name_m]Walter[/name_m]?
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]- neutral 6/10

1. [name_m]Julian[/name_m]
  2. [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] #1
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]# 2
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] #3
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

I like [name_u]Everett[/name_u] (possible nn [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]) and [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

1. [name_u]Everett[/name_u]
  2. [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
  3. [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
  4. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
  5. [name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
  6. [name_m]Judah[/name_m]
  7. [name_m]Abel[/name_m]
    (this is where I stop really liking them)
  8. [name_m]Julian[/name_m]
  9. [name_m]Abram[/name_m]
  10. [name_m]Amos[/name_m]
  11. [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
  12. [name_m]Walt[/name_m]
  13. [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
  14. [name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
  15. [name_m]Job[/name_m]

[name_m]Abel[/name_m] - I really don’t like this name. Mostly because I know a horrible person with this name but I also just don’t like the sound.
[name_m]Abram[/name_m] - I think this is cute!
[name_m]Amos[/name_m] - I think of Anus - sorry!
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] (favorite spelling?) - I like this name. The only thing is that I don’t really like that there is no nickname really
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] - Very cute!
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m] - Not a fan at all
[name_m]Job[/name_m] - Everyone would call him Jaw-b and I just don’t like it
[name_m]Judah[/name_m] - Eh
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - It’s ok
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] - Too feminine
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] - Very cute! I would probably use [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and use this as the NN
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] - I like this name but better on a girl - [name_u]Reese[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] - I think this makes a cute middle
[name_m]Walt[/name_m] - I only think of [name_m]Walter[/name_m] White from Breaking Bad
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - Cute, sporty name

[name_m]Abel[/name_m] 8/10- very strong classic biblical name you can’t go wrong.
[name_m]Abram[/name_m] 8/10- See [name_m]Abel[/name_m].
[name_m]Amos[/name_m] 8/10- love this one but there is teasing potential.
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] 10/10- I am bias because I have an [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]! It’s perfect to me and the only expectable to me is this one because it’s the traditional spelling.
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] 9/10 love that it has a similar feel [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] but I do prefer the former.
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]- 4/10- I don’t care for boy names that are vowel heavy like this one and like [name_m]Hough[/name_m].
[name_m]Job[/name_m] 7/10- this one is so strong and handsome and I can see trending upward soon.
[name_m]Judah[/name_m] 7/10- less strong then [name_m]Job[/name_m] but a more well known biblical story associated with it. I think the story makes it a little more special.
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] 9/10- so many great associations with [name_u]Jude[/name_u] and it’s such a great name.
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] 7/10- very sweet name but pretty popular.
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] 9/10- I love the look and sound of [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]! I know someone that uses it as a nn for [name_u]Everett[/name_u].
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] 8/10- love this one but I hate that [name_u]Reese[/name_u] has been taken over by the girls. I know the spelling will confuse some people but that wouldn’t stop me from using it.
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] 9/10- very dashing! I think it’s a great option on your list.
[name_m]Walt[/name_m] 7/10- I love this one but I do think some people will be confused that it’s not [name_m]Walter[/name_m].
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] 5/10- I’ve never been a fan of this one it just feels like a sissy name to me sorry! I like [name_m]Weston[/name_m] or [name_u]West[/name_u] a lot more.

Great list! These are all in the love/like category (8-10 range) for me:
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]

Not as big fan of these, though for no particular reason, just not really my style:
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
[name_m]Job[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Walt[/name_m]

I can actually see [name_m]Abel[/name_m] or [name_m]Abram[/name_m] as being really cute/handsome on a little boy.

Thanks guys! This has been so helpful! We have definitely narrowed down our list and added middle names to some of them.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Emory[/name_u]-my favorite because my grandpa’s name was [name_u]Emory[/name_u] and I love how [name_u]Jude[/name_u] can be a little kids name and still sound manly as an adult. My husband is hesitant because he says he never heard the name [name_u]Jude[/name_u] before, lol.
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (nn [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]) On my list, because it can be childlike and adult like. However, my hubby does not like it because he knew an [name_u]Everett[/name_u] that he did not like.
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]-my husband and I both like it. This is his 2nd favorite name, but I’m hesitant because I feel like it is getting too popular. (Legally Blonde, Lego Movie, and apparently Twilight). Also hesitant because I don’t know how adult the name sounds for when he is older.
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] [name_u]Emory[/name_u]-I love this name, but don’t like that people probably won’t know how to pronounce it. Also my husband does not like it since this is apparently the name of a character from [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] in the Middle that my hubby doesn’t like.
[name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] (my husband likes)-I kinda like this name because if I need to I can call him [name_u]Jude[/name_u] as a nickname. But [name_m]Judah[/name_m] sounds too similar to [name_m]Judas[/name_m] for me, rhymes with Budda, [name_m]Judah[/name_m] through [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] in the well in the Bible, and I have a nephew named [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] which I think is too similar. But if I do [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m], I get to keep a tradition alive of passing down the initials JC.
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]-My husband’s [name_m]FAVORITE[/name_m] name apparently, but I vetoed it because of all of the [name_u]Sam[/name_u]'s and [name_u]Sammy[/name_u]'s I know.

Is there a name you think I should go with? We will be having more kids so should I settle on name that we BOTH like even though we don’t both [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] it? Or should I go with [name_m]Judah[/name_m] so that I can call him [name_u]Jude[/name_u], destroying the possibility of ever having the name [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Emory[/name_u]?

The only one I like is [name_u]Rhys[/name_u], but I like it a lot!

[name_u]Love[/name_u]:
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]

Like:
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]

Others:
I like [name_m]Walt[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_m]Walter[/name_m], but I’m unsure about it on its own.
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] isn’t really my style and there are other names on your list that are more appealing. Also, long A sounds ([name_u]Aiden[/name_u], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], etc.) are really overdone right now. [name_m]Hosea[/name_m] and [name_m]Job[/name_m] are fine, but I wonder about teasing potential?

Ok, I just read your most recent post, and I think [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Emory[/name_u], based on all your descriptions, is a winner. It honors, it flows, and it’s gorgeous.

I’m a little baffled as to how your husband doesn’t know the name [name_u]Jude[/name_u] (with all due respect!). There’s the biblical [name_u]Jude[/name_u], St. [name_u]Jude[/name_u]'s Children’s Hospital, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] the Obscure, [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_m]Law[/name_m], and the Beatles song. There are plenty of eyebrow-worthy names floating around nowadays, but [name_u]Jude[/name_u] isn’t one of them.

[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Job[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_m]Walt[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]

I would not worry too much about popularity unless the name is in the top 100. I think you should go with [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] because it’s a name you both like, masculine sounding, and common enough people will know how to pronounce it. Since the name is #156, he will definitely meet other [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]'s, but it won’t be an overflowing amount. (My name was #105 on the list, and I probably know 10 with my name at the most).
I don’t like [name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Emory[/name_u] together, but I DESPISE the name [name_m]Judah[/name_m]. I would suggest picking a different middle name for [name_u]Jude[/name_u] or get rid of it entirely.
On another note, I love the name [name_u]Emory[/name_u] for a boy, and the fact that it’s a family name boosts its appeal. I really think you should add it to your list.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one!
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one!
[name_m]Abel[/name_m] - I like this! I’d consider using it but my last name is a noun which makes [name_m]Abel[/name_m] sounds like able
[name_m]Abram[/name_m] - Like this too!
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] - Like this one
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u] - Like this one
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m] - Like this one, but it seems a bit trendy to me these days
[name_m]Amos[/name_m] - I like it one someone else’s kid. Too tied to other things for me to use.
[name_m]Judah[/name_m] - Neutral
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - Neutral
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] - Not my style, but a fine name
[name_m]Julian[/name_m] - Not my style, but a fine name
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m] - Dislike
[name_m]Job[/name_m] - Dislike
[name_m]Walt[/name_m] - I dislike [name_m]Walt[/name_m] on its own, I’d prefer to see [name_m]Walter[/name_m] as the full name. But I would not use it.

Good luck!

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] & [name_m]Rhett[/name_m]: I love the way these two sound. They make me think of very handsome, sophisticated men.
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]: I like this name, but more as a middle name. It’s still one of my favorites on your list.
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]: No particularly fond of this spelling, but I love the name itself!
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]: Cute, sophisticated, handsome.
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Walt[/name_m]: [name_m]Walter[/name_m] with nn [name_m]Walt[/name_m] would probably be better, but I like it a lot.
[name_m]Job[/name_m]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]: This name is a mouthful to me. Better as a middle name.

1. [name_m]Job[/name_m] - a truly meaningful [name_m]Christian[/name_m] name, and has a cool sound.
  2. [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] - I wouldn’t use it if you actually live in the South, though, too nostalgic. It would sound very stylish in the rest of the US.
  3. [name_m]Julian[/name_m]/[name_u]Jude[/name_u] - a classic name that can do no wrong, imo, but I’d use [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and call him [name_u]Jude[/name_u] for short. Both are better than [name_m]Judah[/name_m], imo.
  4. [name_m]Abram[/name_m] - a great alternative to [name_m]Abraham[/name_m]. Nn [name_m]Abe[/name_m] is cute, plus the shortform [name_m]Bram[/name_m] is nice if he wants to use it later on.
  5. [name_m]Amos[/name_m] - a likeable name, although not the easiest to wear, as it is very plain.
  6. [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] - it’s a beautiful and evocative name, but again not the easiest to wear. Could get shortened to what sounds like “[name_m]Saul[/name_m]”.
  7. [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - I like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] it a lot, but it would almost certainly get shortened to [name_m]Wes[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Wes[/name_m], but if you don’t [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Wes[/name_m], I’d skip [name_m]Wesley[/name_m].
  8. [name_m]Walt[/name_m] - I’d use [name_m]Walter[/name_m], and call him [name_m]Walt[/name_m].
  9. [name_m]Abel[/name_m] - the nickname [name_m]Abe[/name_m] usually makes people think it’s short for [name_m]Abraham[/name_m], which is a more distinguished name.
  10. [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] - I don’t care for this name. [name_u]Reese[/name_u] is cute on a girl, but [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] on a boy just sounds like a boring last name, to me, even though the spelling is cool.
  11. [name_m]Hosea[/name_m] - this is a cool name, only it sounds too much like the beginning of the [name_f]Star[/name_f]-Spangled [name_m]Banner[/name_m].
  12. [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] - I think this name is really lovely on the few teenagers and guys in their 20s I know who have it. With the popularity of “[name_f]Em[/name_f]” names, now, I kind of think that [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] has had its day as an interesting name.
  13. [name_u]Everett[/name_u] - same thing as [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]. I feel kind of sorry that more people 10-20 years ago didn’t think ahead and give more boys these names!

Suggestions:

[name_m]Emanuel[/name_m] - fresher version of [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], plus it fits your Biblical preference.
[name_m]Saul[/name_m] - easier to wear than [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], this is still a cool, underused name.
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u], nn [name_u]Spence[/name_u] - to me it’s in the same family as [name_u]Everett[/name_u], but more jaunty.
[name_m]Ronan[/name_m] - to replace [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_m]Hosea[/name_m], plus it has the strength of [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and [name_m]Amos[/name_m].
[name_u]West[/name_u] - it’s a bit stronger than [name_m]Wesley[/name_m], and wouldn’t be shortened to just [name_m]Wes[/name_m].
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m] - I think that you could easily be brave and choose this. It’s only one step more unusual than [name_m]Hosea[/name_m] or [name_m]Job[/name_m], imo.
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m] - I really think that this is a perfect blend of [name_m]Judah[/name_m], [name_m]Job[/name_m], and [name_m]Amos[/name_m]. (I dislike [name_m]Jonah[/name_m], though, go figure.)
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m] - this fits into the [name_u]Rhys[/name_u] and [name_u]Emmett[/name_u] family, but it’s more classic, imo.