Please Rank the Names of An Entire Orphanage's Worth of Kids

In my story, there’s a semi-small orphanage primarily ran by an aged, bitter and domineering woman named [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] McGuire, 61. The orphans themselves have a fair amount of relevance -well, at least four of them- as their needs affect various other characters in the story. Regardless of their individual importance to the overall narrative, I had quite a bit of fun deciding the names for a total of twenty orphans! I love most of these, but I definitely have my favorites. Please rank the names from your most favorite to least favorite:

-Mandy McGuire (most important orphan, no relation to Genevieve), a 10-year-old girl.
-McKenzie [name_m]Sullivan[/name_m] (second most important orphan), a 10-year-old girl.
-Hudson [name_m]Clay[/name_m] (third most important orphan), an 8-year-old boy.
-Lily [name_m]Lambert[/name_m] (fourth most important orphan), a 6-year-old girl.
-Mitch [name_m]Collier[/name_m], an 8-year-old boy.
-Morgan [name_m]Blake[/name_m], a 13-year-old girl.
-Hailey Doubek, a 3-year-old girl.
-Rowan [name_m]Barker[/name_m], a 4-year-old boy.
-Vivian [name_f]Palmer[/name_f], an 8-year-old girl.
-Kinsley [name_m]Knowles[/name_m], a 4-year-old girl.
-Miffy [name_m]Olson[/name_m], a 4-year-old girl.
-Declan [name_m]Murray[/name_m], a 4-year-old boy.
-Holly [name_m]Pruitt[/name_m], an 8-year-old girl.
-Aiden [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], an 8-year-old boy.
-Owen [name_m]Frazier[/name_m], a 5-year-old boy.
-Heidi [name_m]Keller[/name_m], a 5-year-old girl.
-Dewey Blevins, a 4-year-old boy.
-Carter [name_m]Pierce[/name_m], a 4-year-old boy.
-Misty [name_m]Myers[/name_m], a 4-year-old girl.
-Hayden [name_m]Hogan[/name_m], a 4-year-old boy.

Alright, that wraps it up! Also, if you have name change suggestions for any of the characters, please list them! Any and all constructive criticism is always welcome!

Lily Lambert is my favourite!
Followed by…
-Hailey Doubek, a 3-year-old girl.
-Dewey Blevins, a 4-year-old boy.
-Hudson Clay (third most important orphan), an 8-year-old boy.
-Rowan Barker, a 4-year-old boy
-Kinsley Knowles, a 4-year-old girl.
-Misty Myers, a 4-year-old girl.
-McKenzie Sullivan (second most important orphan), a 10-year-old girl.
Holly Pruitt, an 8-year-old girl.
-Mitch Collier, an 8-year-old boy.
-Morgan Blake, a 13-year-old girl.
-Aiden Cyrus, an 8-year-old boy.
-Owen Frazier, a 5-year-old boy.
-Declan Murray, a 4-year-old boy.
-Vivian Palmer, an 8-year-old girl.
-Heidi Keller, a 5-year-old girl.
-Mandy McGuire (most important orphan, no relation to Genevieve), a 10-year-old girl.
-Carter Pierce, a 4-year-old boy.
-Hayden Hogan, a 4-year-old boy.
-Miffy Olson, a 4-year-old girl.

This was based on personally liking the name and/or it giving me an immediate sense of character. I like the alliterative names very much but I suggest changing one or two so that there isn’t so many in the group, which could be a bit gimmicky.

Sorry to put your most important orphan quite low in the list. I had a bad incident involving a Mandy once that’s given me a strong reaction to it! Mandy McGuire is a good name! It’s catchy and memorable!

1 Like

Aye, thanks for the feedback! I figured there were a tad too many alliterative names amongst this set but given that I find alliterative names to be charming, I just couldn’t help myself. If I had to change any of the names, it’d be [name_f]Misty[/name_f] [name_m]Myers[/name_m] and [name_m]Hayden[/name_m] [name_m]Hogan[/name_m], as I’m not exactly sold on “Myers” or “Hogan” as surnames. It’s hard finding good surnames for those two, as I’ve noticed.

1 Like

favorite to least

dewey (a huge gp for me, will probably end up being a book character of my own someday)
vivian
hudson
mckenzie
lily
kinsley (also love kingsley for a girl!)
carter
hayden
holly
declan
rowan (don’t like this on a boy personally)
hailey
heidi
owen
aiden
morgan
misty
mandy
mitch
miffy

1 Like

How odd! You like Kinglsey on a girl and don’t like [name_m]Rowan[/name_m] on a boy! That’s the complete opposite of me! [name_m]Dewey[/name_m] is also such a cute little name; I knew I had to use it for a young child character.