Please rate my favorite names

These are the girl names that are my current favorites. Please list them in order from the one you like the most to the one you like the least. Comments are good too. And if you have any other name suggestionst that you think I might like, let me know! Thanks!!

[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]

1. [name]Nora[/name] - gorgeous name that I’d write [name]Norah[/name]
  2. [name]Eden[/name] - love that name too! sounds very noble to me
  3. [name]Aria[/name] - I’m not that fond of [name]Aria[/name], I’d prefer [name]Alia[/name]/[name]Aaliyah[/name]
  4. [name]Gemma[/name] - don’t like the “G”, but love [name]Emma[/name]
  5. [name]Ada[/name] - makes me think of a baby talking
  6. [name]Eliana[/name] - makes me think of an older woman
  7. [name]Ariadne[/name] - not sure about the pronounciation and don’t like the type face

Our tastes are similar!

[name]Eliana[/name] - My almost 3 year old daughter’s name! We often call her [name]Ellie[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the meaning.
[name]Eden[/name] - Interestingly, this is the frontrunner if our second child is a girl. We’re leaning towards [name]Sophia[/name] as her middle name.
[name]Gemma[/name] - I think this is very cute.
[name]Ariadne[/name] - I’ve never heard this before, but I like it.
[name]Ada[/name] - I think I prefer [name]Adele[/name] or [name]Adeline[/name], but it’s simple and sweet.
[name]Nora[/name] - I like this, but prefer it spelled [name]Norah[/name].
[name]Aria[/name] - don’t love this.

1. [name]Eden[/name]
  2. [name]Nora[/name]
  3. [name]Ada[/name]
  4. [name]Eliana[/name]
  5. [name]Gemma[/name]
  6. [name]Aria[/name]
  7. [name]Ariadne[/name]

[name]Eden[/name] is my DD’s name and we have considered [name]Nora[/name] (along with 1000 other names!) for our second baby due in [name]December[/name]. You have some great names here.

I really like all these names, so I’ve rated them in order of accessibility.

1. [name]Aria[/name] - I’ve really been liking this name lately. It’s melodic yet strong.
  2. [name]Ada[/name] - I can foresee this name becoming hot, but for good reason! It’s strong, pretty and just vintage enough.
  3. [name]Nora[/name] - I love [name]Nora[/name]. It’s simple but beautiful.
  4. [name]Gemma[/name] - Like [name]Nora[/name], simple and classy.
  5. [name]Ariadne[/name] - I love Greek names and in theory this name is great, but I fear mispronunciation. You might like [name]Ariana[/name] or [name]Arielle[/name]. Prefer [name]Aria[/name] because it’s simpler and more accessible.
  6. [name]Eliana[/name] - I like this but it feels kind of trendy at the moment, since [name]El[/name]- names are in. But it’s pretty.
  7. [name]Eden[/name] - Also like this but it’s gotten trendy. I love [name]Edie[/name] as a nickname, but personally I like [name]Edith[/name] better.

We have VERY similar taste!
Most of these have been on my list at one time or another.

[name]Aria[/name] - my husband’s number 1 pick. He had me for awhile but now my favorite is [name]Adeline[/name].
[name]Nora/name - can’t convince my hubby of this one, but I adore it.
[name]Eliana[/name] - I love the nn [name]Ellie[/name] so very much. This is our agreed upon “[name]Ellie[/name]” name. I most love [name]Eliza[/name], though. Hubby likes [name]Eloise[/name].
[name]Gemma[/name] - So precious. I love this on other little girls, but can’t picture myself actually using it.
[name]Ada[/name] - Might get confused with the pack of [name]Ava[/name]'s that will surely be in her class.
[name]Eden[/name] - I think it’s overrated and over done right now. I put it in the [name]Heaven[/name]/ [name]Nevaeh[/name] group (but its certainly much better)
[name]Ariadne[/name] - While gorgeous, the spelling/pronounciation issues is enough for me to personally can this name.

Other you may love (because I really do;)
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Adriana[/name]

[name]Nora[/name] (but I prefer it spelled [name]Norah[/name] – I think it makes it look softer)
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]

Usually ranking is hard for me, but this was pretty easy.
[name]Love[/name] these:

1. [name]Ada[/name]- I love it SOOOOOOOO much! But I think it would unfortunately be confused with [name]Ava[/name], which I also love, but it would be annoying if your name actually was [name]Ada[/name]
  2. [name]Eliana[/name]- Another beautiful name in a very popular name family, but still gorgeous!
  3. [name]Gemma[/name]- I love this too!
    Like this:
  4. [name]Nora[/name]- it’s not my favorite, but I like it enough.
    Neutral/Dislike:
  5. [name]Aria[/name]-It’s too tied to the word for me, but I see the appeal.
  6. [name]Ariadne[/name]- Kind of sounds awkward to my ears and I don’t like the pronunciation issues that would come with it, but again, I see the appeal.
  7. [name]Eden[/name]-definitely don’t like this one.

[name]Gemma[/name] (my daughter’s name! very cute and unique)
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]

[name]Aria[/name]
[name]Nora[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]

I like the first 3 but the others just aren’t my cup of tea! [name]Love[/name] [name]Aria[/name] very pretty and elegant.

[name]Dahlia[/name]

You have really great taste!

[name]Eliana[/name]-a bit frilly for my taste, but pretty sounding.
[name]Ada[/name]-Beautiful and simple
[name]Gemma[/name]-this is really common in the UK. It is nice, just not as outstanding as some of your other names.
[name]Aria[/name]- [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Aria[/name]! I did breifly consider it but it doesn’t go with my other kids’ names at all.
[name]Ariadne[/name]-The spelling/pronounciation of this would put me off and [name]Aria[/name] I think is so much more feminine and useable.
[name]Nora[/name]-Really love this one. Simple and gorgeous.
[name]Eden[/name]- This is the only one I don’t like. It just doesn’t have the same beauty of your other names I think.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Aria[/name], [name]Ada[/name] and [name]Nora[/name].

[name]Eden[/name] - just personal preference I like less girly sounding name with -a
[name]Gemma[/name] - I like [name]Emma[/name], this sounds similar but less popular (I prefer less popular names)
[name]Aria[/name] - Like this it is not popular
[name]Nora[/name] - prefer [name]Norah[/name] too. Immediately thought of [name]Nora[/name] [name]Roberts[/name] with this spelling
[name]Ariadne[/name] - is it pronounced the same as [name]Arianne[/name]? It looks interesting
[name]Eliana[/name] - don’t dislike it, just not my style
[name]Ada[/name] - don’t dislike it, just not my style

1.[name]Gemma[/name]- So adorable! [name]Love[/name] this name!
2.[name]Ariadne[/name]- Beautiful, with great connections.
3.[name]Ada[/name]- So simple, love the meaning. Might get mixed up with all the Avas, though.
4.[name]Aria[/name]- Very pretty, gaining popularity.
5.[name]Nora[/name]- Nice, but plain.
6.[name]Eden[/name]- I’m not big on super religious names, but this one is nice enough
7.[name]Eliana[/name]-So many Ellies!

Thank you so much for your answers - it was helpful! I think that [name]Gemma[/name] is my husband and my favorite, but we have gotten terrible reactions to that name so far from friends and family. It was good to hear that not everyone in the world thinks it is ugly. I think it’s so cute!

gemma ariadne ada aria eden nora eliana

[name]Nora[/name] - my fave of this set; good friends have adopted 1yr old [name]Nora[/name] - she is Armenian and interestingly blonde w/ dark dark eyes and is one of those thoughtful, always very serious looking babies, but adorable…on the rare occaisions you get to to smile it’s worth the effort. the name is simple but pretty.

[name]Aria[/name] - sounds lovely and good esp if you like classical music. if you don’t listen to a few arias and see what you think!

[name]Ariadne[/name] - mad props for unique AND classic. No one else has mentioned, but mythologically Aridane is best known for unravelling the Minotaur’s maze w/ her BF [name]Theseus[/name]. Less well known, tho’ she may have already been married to [name]Dionysus[/name], the Greek god of wine, revelry and pretty much orgies. Not something you may want your little girl associated with BUT just make sure she stays away from college boys studying Classics and you should be ok. obv she’s gonna have to spell it constantly…

[name]Ada[/name] - as a dentist, and memeber of the American Dental Association, I approve of [name]ADA[/name] on general principle. As it turns out, she’d already come w/ a logo and everything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:American_Dental_Association.svg
the folks above suggesting she’ll get lost in the ever-increasing sea of Avas are probably right tho’.

[name]Gemma[/name] - I’m never sure if I should pronounce this w/ hard or soft G. Gs before Es are usually soft, so “jemma” i guess. also I think of Gamma rays but again, just stay away from physics majors. lol

[name]Eden[/name] - Not fond of it; not so feminine. personally, i think first of my male friend [name]Eden[/name] (pronounced uh-[name]DEN[/name]) who’s Turkish. that’s just me. :slight_smile:

[name]Eliana[/name] - too frilly. you want a girl’s name to be feminine so ending in vowel is good. but the soft start “ehhhl” coupled w/ the “ee-ah” in the middle just gets too… i’m not sure what, but a speech pathologist of someone liek that would know the term for a word that spends a lot of time at the back of the mouth…there’s no lip or tongue involvement w/ the pronunciation. I dunno…the more I say it hte less i like it, and obviously it’s just one opinion but that’s mine for ya! good luck!

1. [name]Nora[/name] – I love [name]Nora[/name], but I’d spell it [name]Norah[/name]. I think it’s a stunning name with the perfect mix of spunkiness, solemnity as well as being not overtly frilly. Gorgeous.
2. [name]Ada[/name] – [name]Ada[/name] is another absolutely STUNNING option. It’s got strength, beauty and power which is perfect for a little girl, a teenager, an adult, a middle-aged person or an elderly one. On top of that it’s easy to pronounce, too.
3. [name]Ariadne[/name] – I love, love, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ariadne[/name]. I think it is so beautiful. You can also use “[name]Aria[/name]” as a nickname (which you also have on your list) so that’s always a good thing. [name]Ariadne[/name] is so… beautiful and different from [name]Adrienne[/name], [name]Adrianne[/name] and all the other [name]Adrian[/name] variations. However, people might have a hard time pronouncing it.
4. [name]Gemma[/name] – I like [name]Gemma[/name] a lot. I think it’s really gorgeous, and it reminds me of [name]Jemima[/name] (a favorite).
5. [name]Aria[/name] – I don’t much like [name]Aria[/name], sorry. It’s just not my style; I find it a little too frilly. I like [name]Ari[/name] for a boy, though.
6. [name]Eden[/name] – Not a huge fan of [name]Eden[/name]. It does come across as quite harsh in sound, and I just don’t like it’s religious connections (for me).
7. [name]Eliana[/name] – Not really liking [name]Eliana[/name]. I’m beginning to be a little iffy on the ‘-ana’ endings, too… kind of. xD