Please tell me if I'm crazy!

My hubby and I really like the name [name]Brant[/name], but I just noticed that the first part of the name spells bra. Am I the only one who worries about bra jokes with names like [name]Brant[/name], Brannock and other names beginning with Bra—??? Please tell me what you think!

[name]Don[/name]'t think it’s an issue at all…
It would be different if the first part SOUNDED like Bra.

Like how the first part of [name]Astrid[/name] sounds like @$$…

LOL I really wouldn’t worry about this at all. The a in [name]Brant[/name] is pronounced differently than the a in bra, so it’s really not an obvious connection, certainly not one I think most kids would pick up on. If you stare at any name too long, you will come up with something about it that can be made fun of (and most kids will be subjected to some sort of playful teasing at some point either about their name or something else, anyway). This certainly doesn’t rise to the level of concern that should stop you from using the name (assuming your last name isn’t Bosom or something like that, in which case you might want to be extra careful).

THANKS FOR THE REASURANCE!!! NO, OUR LAST NAME ISN’T BOSOM! LOL :slight_smile:

Bosom?!
That’s hilarious!!!

Yes, a bit crazy. I really doubt it would ever be an issue. It’s pronounced differently than bra. No worries.

Thanks for the input, ladies! Great to hear that you all seem to agree that the “bra” issue is no big deal. Thanks to each one of you for the reasurance - and the laughs! :wink:

I didn’t see the bra in [name]Brant[/name] but I did see the rant. I think [name]Bram[/name] is less of a problem than [name]Brant[/name] and I love [name]Brent[/name].

I didn’t see the bra in [name]Brant[/name] but I did see the rant. I think [name]Bram[/name] is less of a problem than [name]Brant[/name] and I love [name]Brent[/name].[/quote]

Hmmm… I didn’t think of rant. I like [name]Brent[/name], but we already have a friend with this name. [name]Bram[/name] is interesting… THANKS!

I don’t like it sorry, I think [name]Bram[/name] is lovely though.

I dont really see the BRA teasing factor. [name]Brant[/name] to me is just ok. It feels like a mix of [name]Grant[/name] and [name]Brandon[/name].

For me, “bra” wasn’t the issue. [name]Every[/name] time I read [name]Brant[/name] I kept hearing “brat” in my head…sorry :frowning: I do agree that [name]Bram[/name] is lovely.

For me, “bra” wasn’t the issue. [name]Every[/name] time I read [name]Brant[/name] I kept hearing “brat” in my head…sorry :frowning: I do agree that [name]Bram[/name] is lovely.