Please vote: Berry help for baby 2 (Poll)!

See the results of this poll: Poll: Sibling for Lara

Respondents: 148 (This poll is closed)

• Theodora (Thea): 20 (14%)
  • Sabrina: 13 (9%)
  • Freya: 22 (15%)
  • Beatrice: 18 (12%)
  • Alicia: 5 (3%)
  • Charlotte: 15 (10%)
  • Theresa (Tessa): 9 (6%)
  • Thomasina (Tamsin): 4 (3%)
  • Esm”: 27 (18%)
  • Amelie: 15 (10%)

I chose [name]Thea[/name]/[name]Theodora[/name], [name]Freya[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name]. I’m in the UK, and they are all very well known and perfectly usable. I chose [name]Thea[/name] and [name]Freya[/name] because they work brilliantly with [name]Lara[/name] (which I love, by the way), and [name]Beatrice[/name] because I just love it at the minute, plus [name]Lara[/name] and [name]Bea[/name] (or even [name]Lara[/name] and [name]Trixie[/name]!) sound adorable!

[name]Sabrina[/name] is OK. I think it sounds way too exotic with your others, but it’s nice. I know a little girl with this name who goes by ‘Breezy’ which I think is cute!

[name]Alicia[/name] is very much a lower class British name to me, if I’m completely honest. The majority of people I know named [name]Alicia[/name] are also of ethnic origins, just if you wanted to know. I’m not keen. It sounds nice with [name]Lara[/name], though.

[name]Charlotte[/name] is very popular in the UK. I mean very. I don’t mind it; it’s timeless, pretty and respectable but a very ‘safe’ choice.

[name]Theresa[/name] ([name]Tessa[/name]) is a name I’ve recently been really liking, but only with the pn 'Tuh-[name]RAY[/name]-za. I prefer [name]Tess[/name] to [name]Tessa[/name]. I’m not sure what I think of it with [name]Lara[/name].

[name]Thomasina[/name] ([name]Tamsin[/name]) is lovely, but I’m not sure if I would ever use it. I adore it with [name]Lara[/name], but I don’t really like [name]Tamsin[/name] a lot.

Esm” -

[name]Amelie[/name] - This has always seemed like a more trendy take on [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Amelia[/name] to me, both of which I love. However, I dislike [name]Amelie[/name]. It’s not the worst I’ve heard, but it’s not a favourite. Plus I don’t like it with [name]Lara[/name].

Here are a few more I think you might like:

[name]Thora[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Rosa[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]

Good luck in finding something gorgeous for dd2, as I’m certain you will with such a great list!

I voted for [name]Freya[/name] (have you considered [name]Freja[/name]?) and [name]Alicia[/name]. With a short (gorgeous) name like [name]Lara[/name], I just think that, while I love long names like [name]Thomasina[/name], you should try to find balance by not giving your new daughter a super long name. [name]Alicia[/name] could be just long and short enough to distinguish them from being too matchy, but still having them “go” together.

1 [name]Freya[/name]
2 [name]Esme[/name]
3 [name]Thea[/name]

I like the shorter names better with the gorgeous [name]Lara[/name]! Good luck, [name]Mischa[/name].

thanks, ladies!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lilibet[/name]–

I remember you from when you were naming [name]Lara[/name]! Congrats on your new baby girl!

I voted for [name]Sabrina[/name] and [name]Esme[/name], which like [name]Lara[/name] both feel somewhat European to me and have literary references. I think that [name]Sabrina[/name] is my most favorite, simply because it’s so pretty. I really love [name]Thea[/name], but [name]Theodora[/name] feels a little bit fussy to me next to the streamlined [name]Lara[/name]. [name]Beatrice[/name] also has literary antecedents, though it’s more buttoned-up sounding to my ears than the sensuous [name]Lara[/name].

I think that [name]Alicia[/name] is an interesting choice, and I like it pronounced as in [name]Alicia[/name] Silverstone: ah-[name]LEE[/name]-see-uh. It does feel a bit more seventies to me than the other choices, but I think that the sound is pretty.

Also, I wanted to comment on:

A pet peeve of mine: “Ethnic origins” doesn’t really mean anything–every name, and everyone, has ethnic origins of some sort. I suspect you are trying to say that the people you know with this name have a particular sort of ethnic origin–Latina or African-American? Perhaps this wasn’t your intention, but your post comes across as suggesting that there is something negative about giving your child a name that is used in or associated with these communities.

I voted for [name]Freya[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Esme[/name]!

Congrats on your baby girl!!

I really appreciate your votes & comments!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Lilibet[/name] – Congratulations! Your taste is certainly very berry and all these names are lovely, but I voted for [name]Sabrina[/name], because to me it’s the most surprising and distinctive of the bunch – and the least likely to become popular to the point of pandemic in the next decade. But the truth is I love most of them!

GAH! [name]Pam[/name] (nb admin & author) has responded with a vote for [name]Sabrina[/name]!!! Thank you, [name]Pam[/name]!!! Food for thought!

btw – I always appreciate each berry’s feedback!

Now [name]Sabrina[/name] is back under serious consideration after being considered too ‘be-witchy’ by myself but perfect by my husband and family. Here’s the kicker – [name]Sabrina[/name] has Welsh ties (to the [name]River[/name] Severn) and we are looking for a Welsh name to match our ancestry.

Decisions, decisions!!

• [name]Lilibet[/name]