Please vote for you favorite of these two!

See the results of this poll: Does the family significance make Tess better than Phoebe?

Respondents: 33 (This poll is closed)

• Tess : 15 (45%)
  • Phoebe: 18 (55%)

Maybe it’s just me, but the fact your [name]MIL[/name] never went by [name]Tess[/name] sort of loses the significance of honoring. It’s a bit of stretch, I think. So, I still voted for [name]Phoebe[/name].

I prefer [name]Phoebe[/name] over [name]Tess[/name]. [name]Tess[/name] just seems boring.

Thank you, I wondered about that.

Thank you, I wondered about that.

Definitely love [name]Phoebe[/name]. I prefer [name]Tessa[/name] to [name]Tess[/name], but [name]Tess[/name] is cute. It sounds like you prefer [name]Phoebe[/name], so how about [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Tess[/name]? Sounds pretty perfect to me!

I agree, sounds great. Middle name will be my maiden name though, already set on that. I won’t say what it is because while the perfect flow in a name is great, I don’t want that to determine the first name I pick. I will hardly ever say the full name so I want to pick the best first name, no matter how it sounds with the middle. ([name]Phoebe[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] are both good with my last name which IS important to me.)

[name]Tess[/name] wins for me.

I really don’t like [name]Phoebe[/name].

I like the sound of [name]Tess[/name] better than [name]Phoebe[/name], but if you love it you should go for it. I don’t think the family significance of [name]Tess[/name] makes it a better choice than [name]Phoebe[/name]… [name]Theresa[/name] to [name]Tess[/name] is a little stretch. Go for what you love!

I like [name]Phoebe[/name] the most. :slight_smile:

BTW your daughter’s name [name]Olive[/name] nn [name]Ollie[/name] is so cute!!

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I like the sibset of [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Olive[/name] very much.

rollo

I feel like [name]Tess[/name] goes better with [name]Olive[/name] and you don’t have to have an exact match in order to honor someone.
But if you love [name]Phoebe[/name] more and your husband agrees then I say go with it.

Why not call her [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Tess[/name]? Makes logical sense to me.
I love [name]Phoebe[/name] and like [name]Tess[/name]. [name]Phoebe[/name] seems a little lighter and sweeter than [name]Tess[/name] to me, [name]Tess[/name] is lovely and classic but more abrupt sounding. It is also similar to [name]Jess[/name]- a common nn for [name]Jessica[/name].