Please vote for your favourite middle :-) (Poll)

See the results of this poll: poll

Respondents: 0 (This poll is closed)

• one: 0
  • two: 0

I voted for [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Enid[/name], simply because when I say the whole name aloud it is my favourite. Your other middle name options are all lovely, though, and I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them. The only one which I personally would avoid is [name]Catherine[/name], as it would mean four two syllable names in a row (although, you may pronounce [name]Catherine[/name] as three syllables? I’ve heard some people do that.).

You could even leave finalising the first middle name, as I think they would all be great choices, until after you have your daughter (maybe even a month or so after, if you could bear to wait that long - I know a couple of people who’ve done this with first names, let alone middles!) and then choose the meaning which seems to suit her. A calm baby could be wise [name]Sophia[/name], or an energetic little one an [name]Emilia[/name], or a smiley, giggling baby an [name]Allegra[/name]. I myself could never be so patient, but I do think it is a sweet idea!

And to your answer your question on your Spanish names thread, I am wonderful, though busy, and very excited about my coming birthday! I hope everything is well your end, too.

[name]Auburn[/name]

Oo birthday yay :slight_smile: Anything special planned? [name]Hope[/name] you have a great time anyway! :slight_smile:

I think your idea is so sweet. Maybe I could keep them all as options depending on her personality - I really like that idea! I’d still like to see which are people’s favourites though :slight_smile:

I know what you mean about [name]Catherine[/name]. I say it with 2 syllables but I know people who say it with 3. The reason I put it in there was it’s the only one with personal meaning and family connections. The only others I have with personal meaning are [name]Diana[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name], but I don’t think either go because of the D in [name]Claudie[/name] and I don’t love [name]Lydia[/name]'s meaning. Maybe a 3 syllable variation of [name]Catherine[/name] would work? [name]How[/name] is [name]Catherina[/name] pronounced? I’m never sure if it’s Cath-reen-uh or if it’s like [name]Katrina[/name]! Thank you :slight_smile:

I agree that [name]Diana[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name], although I like both, would make the combination quite D-heavy. The family connection would be lovely though, so perhaps a [name]Catherine[/name] derivative is the way to go … I would pronounce [name]Catherina[/name] cath-[name]REE[/name]-na or cath-eh-[name]REE[/name]-na.

Other three-or-more syllable names which are related to [name]Catherine[/name] include :
[name]Carina[/name]
Hekate (HEH-cat-ee)
[name]Kasia[/name]
[name]Katarina[/name]
[name]Katinka[/name].

[name]Auburn[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Laura[/name]! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Enid[/name] b/c I like the alliteration, but I did forget to say it with your last name, and I’m afraid I agree about the 4 two-syllable names in a row. :frowning: So, I’m trying to decide between [name]Eleanora[/name] and [name]Emilia[/name], but I don’t think I can!! Actually, I like all your choices! Hmmm…I’m gonna go with [name]Eleanora[/name], I think - that was the one I was gonna vote for until I saw [name]Catherine[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Eleanora[/name]! :slight_smile: