Please vote in my twin poll :-)

See the results of this poll: Please select top two/three combos:

Respondents: 39 (This poll is closed)

• Matilda Adelaide - Charlotte Eloise: 6 (15%)
  • Lavender Eloise - Matilda Adelaide: 1 (3%)
  • Charlotte Adelaide - Lavender Eloise: 4 (10%)
  • Rosemary* Adelaide - Lavender Eloise: 5 (13%)
  • Charlotte Lavender - Matilda Adelaide: 3 (8%)
  • Matilda Adelaide - Eloise Charlotte: 8 (21%)
  • Lavender Annelise - Eloise Charlotte: 4 (10%)
  • Adelaide Charlotte - Lavender Eloise: 1 (3%)
  • Rosemary* Charlotte - Lavender Eloise: 5 (13%)
  • Charlotte Adelaide - Lavender Annelise: 2 (5%)

Based on your feelings about the names, I think the first names should be [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name]. [name]Lavender[/name] should go in there, too. [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] is a wonderful name. [name]Just[/name] gorgeous. Now the remaining piece is the middle name for [name]Annelise[/name].

[name]Annelise[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] is definitely out. [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] is also definitely out. [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] would be okay, but I don’t think it’s great, and I don’t think you have any strong desire to put [name]Matilda[/name] in the middle.

If you go with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] ???, should [name]Annelise[/name]

• get a flower middle like her twin and older sister?
  • get a family name?
  • get a French name to balance [name]Charlotte[/name]?

Let me think about this some more.
P.S. I think [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] fit beautifully with [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Henry[/name], and neither is too popular, nor much more obscure than the other.

Edited to [name]Add[/name]:
I am rethinking [name]Eloise[/name] together with [name]Annelise[/name] as twins’ first names. They have similar sounds but their nn’s would be totally different. I had originally thought you should not use both names, but why not? Could you name the twins:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ?

If [name]Eloise[/name] is too close to [name]Annelise[/name], how about [name]Elodie[/name] as an alternative?

[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

What do you think??? I like those names a lot!

Or, how about

[name]Elodie[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] ?

That way, every girl gets a flower name. ([name]Elodie[/name] means marsh flower.) If you like this last option, you could always call little [name]Lavender[/name] by her mn, [name]Annelise[/name] (since you love the sound of that so much with your last name), and just pull out [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] for more formal occasions. The reason that I would not suggest [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] is that I don’t think the flow is so good.

My thoughts (for what they’re worth):
[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] - I love each of these combos individually, as a pair and with [name]Henry[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name]. The first names share a Victorian style, a little bit formal but with the eccentricity of being out of use today. You get [name]Lavender[/name] with all its meanings for you (and approval of family) and using [name]Rosemary[/name] balances out [name]Dottie[/name]'s [name]Violet[/name] but I don’t find the flower theme overwhelming or too cutesy with this pair. This is the best option imo.

[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] - the original combo. I think I’m still voting for it because I became attached!! But reading your post made it seem like [name]Matilda[/name] was maybe not still the front runner in your mind. It is a beautiful combination but you may have better options now with the names you’re newly considering.

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] - see my comments about the first pair. With this one, you get the bonus of familial connections to [name]Charlotte[/name] instead of [name]Adelaide[/name] so you can consider which of those names you feel more connection to as a family. I think you mentioned that [name]Henry[/name] may have connections to [name]Charlotte[/name] so that may be nice for him, but being with your family in time for the twins’ arrival will no doubt solidify his connection to them anyway.

So I vote [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] or [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name].

edited to add that with [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Violet[/name], all 3 girls have 3 syllables in each name. Nicely balanced!

Excellent suggestions. I had also thought about [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Annelise[/name], (I can’t remember if it was one of my options or not). [name]Ann[/name] is in [name]Lavender[/name], so its not that far of a stretch to call her [name]Annie[/name] as a nn. We might do that anyways, with or without [name]Annelise[/name].

[name]Elodie[/name] is a great suggestion, and I didnt know that it was a flower, but I prefer [name]Eloise[/name]. I want to put an M to make it [name]Melody[/name]/[name]Melodie[/name]. It might grow on me.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] sounds good to me. I am not 100% sure how I feel about two girls getting flowers, and one not. But [name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name] and [name]Loise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]/[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] are similar in style and sound, that I might be able to get away with it.

[name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] originally I thought would be ok to have as first names, but not I am not so sure again. My husband and I had talked about just calling [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] and not having to give her a nn. We also will probably call [name]Dottie[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] when she gets older. My husband has called [name]Henry[/name], [name]Harry[/name] a few times. Mostly bc he is going as [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] for Halloween, but who knows, it may stick.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

Hmmm… I do like these. Oh see? I really can’t make up my mind at all now.

I love these too. [name]Even[/name] the original combo. I should have just left it alone, I know, but I kept thinking about [name]Lavender[/name] as a name, and my mom’s and [name]MIL[/name]'s comments came into play.

[name]Rosemary[/name], nn [name]Rose[/name], I just love.

[name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Lavender[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Lavender[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] - This sounds good
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] - Despite all the D’s, I am liking.

[name]Matilda[/name] - I still like [name]Matilda[/name], but it doesnt have all the emotional connections that some of the other choices have to ME. But, my daughter and husband like it. My husband is ok if we don’t - so read in between the lines of what thats supposed to mean.

Should I look into double middle names?

Excellent suggestions. I had also thought about [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Annelise[/name], (I can’t remember if it was one of my options or not). [name]Ann[/name] is in [name]Lavender[/name], so its not that far of a stretch to call her [name]Annie[/name] as a nn. We might do that anyways, with or without [name]Annelise[/name].

[name]Elodie[/name] is a great suggestion, and I didnt know that it was a flower, but I prefer [name]Eloise[/name]. I want to put an M to make it [name]Melody[/name]/[name]Melodie[/name]. It might grow on me.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] sounds good to me. I am not 100% sure how I feel about two girls getting flowers, and one not. But [name]Henry[/name] [name]Louis[/name] and [name]Loise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]/[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] are similar in style and sound, that I might be able to get away with it.

[name]Annelise[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] originally I thought would be ok to have as first names, but not I am not so sure again. My husband and I had talked about just calling [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] and not having to give her a nn. We also will probably call [name]Dottie[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] when she gets older. My husband has called [name]Henry[/name], [name]Harry[/name] a few times. Mostly bc he is going as [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] for Halloween, but who knows, it may stick.

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Annelise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

Hmmm… I do like these. Oh see? I really can’t make up my mind at all now.[/quote]

It sounds like you’re definitely getting closer . You’ll get it figured out!

[name]Charlotte[/name] will officially be one of the names. Either first or middle.

[name]Just[/name] a little note on [name]Lavender[/name]'s nn’s:

In the UK the terms ‘lav’ and ‘lavie’ are commonly used to refer to the toilet or restroom (as in lavatory).

[name]Lavender[/name] is a lovely name though.

I really like [name]Lavender[/name] [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name].

[name]Hi[/name]! With [name]Dorothy[/name] and [name]Henry[/name], I voted for [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], but I also love the [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] pairings.

I think that [name]Lavender[/name] is beautiful, too, but I can better see some of the other names with [name]Henry[/name], [name]Dorothy[/name], and your last name (back-to-back Rs with [name]Lavender[/name] R____), and I love the nicknames for [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name].

I also love [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lavender[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eloise[/name], which I’m not sure was a voting option. I love the flow! :slight_smile:

Good luck!