Please vote on our 5 top name combos!

See the results of this poll: Vote for your favorite fn/mn combination for us!

Respondents: 84 (This poll is closed)

• Adriana Elizabeth : 25 (30%)
  • Adriana Elowen : 23 (27%)
  • Adriana Juniper : 24 (29%)
  • Adriana Linnea : 10 (12%)
  • Adriana Naima: 2 (2%)

Elowen is my all-time favorite name. It’s so beautiful and I love that of honors your family.

Thank you, tressa! I’m curious that this name isn’t defined on Nameberry.

I dont think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is too filler but there are alternative spellings [name]Elisabet[/name], Elisabete, Elisabelle, [name]Elisabetta[/name] (like this) if youre looking to make it more interesting. [name]Adriana[/name] is a lovely name!

Voted for Elowen, I had never heard it before but I [name]LOVE[/name] it. It sounds fresh.

I love Elowen and no somebody who named her daughter that, but I think it has a very prominent O sound and may not flow particularly well with your last name (or maybe I’m just picky). I really love [name]Linnea[/name] too though so I voted for that.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Juniper[/name], just great!!!

Thank you for all the support and suggestions! I am really torn over these names. If you haven’t yet shared, I would love to know the reasoning behind your vote. :slight_smile:

I’ve always liked the name [name]Naima[/name], though I’m not sure it would ever work for me. I think [name]Naima[/name] may also have been the name of [name]Coltrane[/name]'s wife too.

Please pronounce Elowen for me. I [name]LOVE[/name] this name but am not very familiar with it at all:-) Is it Celtic?

Elowen was my choice - I just love the sound of it, and how it looks!

I pronounce Elowen as el-oh-en or el-oh-wen, but I don’t know if this is correct and I’m not sure how to write the pronunciation linguistically. Any suggestions?

Elowen… flows the best for me.

I would pronounce it as [name]El[/name]-oh-wen.

To someone who asked, Elowen is Welsh. Americans tend to emphasize the O in the middle but I have heard that the Welsh instead emphasize the [name]El[/name] at the beginning and mostly lose the O when saying it. shrug

I love [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Juniper[/name]! It’s adorable. [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Linnea[/name] would be my second choice. [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Adriana[/name] Elowen are lovely, as well. I think you can take more license with the MN, since [name]Adriana[/name] is familiar enough.

Good luck!

I think [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Linnea[/name] is beautiful.

Thanks for the great feedback! Any more thoughts? All are welcome.

I definitely tend toward classic girl names, so I voted for [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I just think you can’t go wrong here: you like the meaning, it honors your mom and gma, it’s a beautiful name. The others are less familiar (or not at all) to me, so I am not drawn to them in the same way, but there are no bad ones.

Thank you for your thoughts! I think we are getting closer to making the choice. However, I wanted to propose one other option that I neglected to put into the poll. I think I asked about this before in another thread and it was reasonably popular -

What about [name]Adriana[/name] [name]Elinor[/name]? [name]Elinor[/name] is my maternal grandmother’s name (this spelling). She died of breast cancer before I was born. Would it be strange to honor someone I never met? What about the fact that she died relatively young…will that be eery to my daughter one day? I also like [name]Elinor[/name] for the meaning “bright, shining one” (from Nameberry), which seems to offset a meaning I often come across for [name]Adriana[/name] - “dark”. An added bonus is the [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] “Sense and Sensibility” reference. [name]Love[/name] that book!

So…what do you think? :slight_smile: