Pls close thread

Go with either [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] or Nanouk I think.

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and even though it’s on the more common side, you could pair it with a more uncommon name.

Yeah, I don’t know anyone named [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] so it might just be that city.

Name ideas:
[name_u]Dakota[/name_u]
[name_u]Denali[/name_u]
[name_u]Kaya[/name_u]
[name_u]Sequoyah[/name_u]

I also found some pages with lists of Native American names. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

1 Like

Congratulations on your fifth girl! It’s understandable that names start to feel a bit stale after being considered for previous pregnancies. They might not seem as exciting as they once did but keeping them on your list for this pregnancy indicates to me they are in fact strong options. They have stood the test of time and are true representations of your style. If you aren’t yet decided on the middle name, sometimes the right combination helps to reignite feelings for a name. In saying that, I don’t think you have to choose a name that you’re absolutely in love with. Names are chosen for a variety of other reasons, including meaning, heritage, to honour loved ones and parental agreement.

From your list, I’m really excited by [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and Nanouk. So unusual to come across and so eye-catching! These both perfectly fit the distinct style and level of popularity that you’ve chosen for your other childrens’ names. Neither is likely to form a trend or ride a wave of popularity in the foreseeable future. [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] and Nanouk don’t repeat any endings unlike some of the names on your list. I also love that Nanouk reflects her father’s heritage and [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] doesn’t seem to have any negative points either.

In regards to your concern about syllables, I truly don’t believe that is an issue. In that case, why not point to the whole range of differences and similarities in all of their names. Three siblings have 4 letter names, two siblings have 6 letters, one child has 8 letters, four siblings have the letter ‘o’ in their name, one child goes by a nickname while the others don’t etcetera. I wouldn’t let syllables discount a great name.

All the best in your decision process. I look forward to seeing your updates!

5 Likes

I’m sad that you seem to be officially off [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f], because I do love it as a nod to your husband’s heritage. But I’m not sure it’s the best fit stylistically, either. It’s both trendier and spunkier than your other girls.

Unfortunately, though I love [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], I think it’s an awkward fit in the sibset for much the same reason. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] feels hipster and also a wee bit childish. Your other girls’ names strike me as more chic and versatile. Also, if your husband isn’t feeling it, I think it needs to go (same with [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]).

I’m liking Nanouk, [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] or [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] best. I think your girls have a veryyy subtle nature theme happening with the meanings “night,” “dove,” “lark,” and “[name_f]Bohemia[/name_f].” Both [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] and [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] play into that nicely. Especially if your first girl means night and your last girl means sun. Very full circle!

As for [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], I think it fits in well with the others (better actually than either [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] or [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]). I would sit with it for a few weeks and see if it’s still making your heart sing.

3 Likes

Congratulations on another girl!
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is more of a GP in my eyes. Then again, so is [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f].
I really love your sibset. While I agree that it fits, I think there are other options out there that would also work.

Kateri
[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u]
[name_f]Winona[/name_f]

Sequoia is on the top of my GP list.

1 Like

The first name that came to my mind was [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] because the nickname [name_u]Tally[/name_u] reminds me of [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]

Here are some ideas

Tabitha [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] Nanouk
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] (Maybe as a middle it would fit better)
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_m]Clemmons[/name_m] (Similar to [name_f]Clementine[/name_f])

2 Likes

Clementine is my absolute favorite. I would use it but my name is [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] so it would be too similar. Have you ever read the [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] books? They’re so cute.

1 Like

I like [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] too let me see if DH likes it.

1 Like

I think outside nameberry load of ppl don’t get clementine.

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Serafina[/name_f] it’s one of my girls middle names. Also like [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] as a middle name.

1 Like

Yes

2 Likes

Love both of these too.

Thank u I will check out these lists!

I don’t think [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is just a trendy name at all. It’s really beautiful. I also like [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] – my mom is actually pregnant and this is one of her favorite names.

I love all of the other names you listed too!

Apollonia
[name_f]Bijou[/name_f]/x
[name_f]Tigerlily[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Constantina[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Sapphira[/name_f]/h
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank u for your thoughtful response.

Yes I agree I need to sit w [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] for awhile and see how it feels. Agree that [name_f]Cosima[/name_f], Nanouk and soleil match the sibset better buy then I think to myself am i putting too much importance into them matching???

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and your combos are amazing I just feel like it’s too common/ classic sounds w my girls names.

We have tigerlily and [name_f]Sephora[/name_f]/ [name_f]Saphira[/name_f] on our middle name list. I love [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] DH does not.

1 Like

I think all my names are my guilty pleasure names!!! All my kids have 2 middle names. I was thinking of [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] [name_f]Wildflower[/name_f] and it made me so happy. I think because wildflower is 2 words in one I could just use one middle.

4 Likes

Cosima is my favourite from your list with your other children’s names. So beautiful!

3 Likes