PLZ your advice! Which Is The BeST OnE?*****

help me please! i need a nice name.
here is the name list. which do you think is the Best? plz tell me one that you think best and explain why.

[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Louise[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Serena[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]

well, i don’t like common and usual name.
i want sleek, chic, elegant and lovely name. i love classy, a bit exotic, unique and charming name too!
i need your advice! i can’t imagine nuance or image of a name. so tell me some images of those names please and which is the best fitted one:)
and plus, if you have a goog name to recommend, please tell me~
excuse my poor wrting…and help me! thank^^

I prefer [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name] and [name]Calla[/name]

My favourites are [name]Louise[/name] and [name]Sage[/name], because they are classy and elegant, yet cute and fun.

[name]Calla[/name] - nice, pretty, a bit unusual
[name]Louise[/name] - blah and old lady to me
[name]Margo[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] this, but prefer [name]Margaux[/name] - it’s prettier to me
[name]Sage[/name] - better as a middle
[name]Serena[/name] - so/so not as nice as others
[name]Isadora[/name] - blah - too much in the [name]Isobel[/name],elizabeth, sounding trend.

I like [name]Serena[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], and [name]Louise[/name] for you. :slight_smile:

There aren’t any really negative sides to any of the names listed, they’re quite good. Although I should note that [name]Sage[/name] is unisex, so it’s also used for boys, in case you weren’t aware.

[name]Margo[/name], for you, but spelled [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Margaux[/name].

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I’m digging [name]Margo[/name], but agree with the others about the spelling options.

I also really like [name]Calla[/name]. But, it seems like a great nn for a longer name. [name]Calliope[/name], [name]Calista[/name], or similar. Though, it would totally depend on a mn. I’m a huge fan of a short fn paired with a long mn.

I choose [name]Calla[/name].

[name]Calla[/name] - It’s okay, I like the lily imagery. I like [name]Callie[/name] as a nickname for [name]Caroline[/name]. And I like [name]Cassia[/name].
[name]Louise[/name] - Not my thing, rather “eeez” nasal in the middle, feels ugly in most accents.
[name]Margo[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Margaux[/name]. [name]Margo[/name] feels more middle-aged.
[name]Sage[/name] - Prefer as middle name. Smooth and simple and botanical, kind of nice.
[name]Serena[/name] - Prefer [name]Selena[/name], which feels more romantic and spicier.
[name]Isadora[/name] - I like this pretty well, also like [name]Ismay[/name].

I vote for [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Louisa[/name].
Such a beautiful name!

[name]Calla[/name] and [name]Sage[/name]! [name]Love[/name] [name]Callista[/name]!

[name]Serena[/name] 100%! [name]One[/name] of my favorite names!

I like them all but [name]Calla[/name], [name]Isadora[/name], or [name]Margo[/name] are my favorites.

I seem to be the only person who prefers [name]Margo[/name] to [name]Margaux[/name], though [name]Margot[/name] is my favorite. (The thing about [name]Margaux[/name] is that it is not really a traditional French spelling for girls: [name]Ernest[/name] [name]Hemingway[/name]'s granddaughter, a fashion model, was originally named [name]Margot[/name] but respelled her name after the Chateau [name]Margaux[/name], a winery that her parents supposedly named her after. And it sort of took off from there. To me it seems sort of pretentious, in that let’s-use-as-many-letters-as-we-can-to-make-it-look-special kind of way. :slight_smile: )

Serena is my favourite, followed by Louise (would slightly prefer Louisa). Isadora and Margo (my preferred spelling!) are also nice. I’m neutral on Calla, it seems a little too nicknamey but it’s pretty. Not a fan of Sage though, too masculine.

Actually [name]Margaux[/name] is much older than that, it just became the “trendy” way to spell it after the famous [name]Margaux[/name] [name]Hemingway[/name]. You were correct in before it was [name]Margot[/name] that was more common.

Oh, you’re of course absolutely right that [name]Margaux[/name] long predates Ms. [name]Hemingway[/name]! It is a region of [name]France[/name] in the [name]Aquitaine[/name], famous for its wines. But it was never traditionally used as a girl’s name until recently (whereas [name]Margot[/name] had a long history as a short form of [name]Marguerite[/name]).

[name]Margot[/name] [name]Louise[/name] would be a lovely combo. I also like [name]Calla[/name], [name]Serena[/name] and [name]Isadora[/name]. I’m not a fan of [name]Sage[/name].

We could argue this point forever. However I did my ancestry line (I’m french) and I have 2 margaux’s in my family from around 1750-1820.

Then obviously you know best! :slight_smile:

That’s so interesting, because I had truly never come across it being used that far back; all the sources I’d seen only listed it as a place name. I wonder if back then it was considered a fully separate name, or just an alternate spelling for the short form?

Either way I prefer either [name]Margot[/name] or [name]Margaux[/name] to [name]Margo[/name]. That’s probably just because I’m a bit grumpy about English names being allowed to be as non-phonetic as they wanna be ([name]Thomas[/name], [name]Michael[/name], etc.) but names from everywhere else getting chopped and diced for the sake of - often shaky and regional - phonetics.