Poinsettia

I just saw an obituary, in today’s paper, for a woman name Poinsettia, nickname Pins. She was born in 1917-1918. What do you think?

I wonder if she was born around Christmastime- it seems like someone wanted a name that was festive, but much different from the usual [name]Holly[/name]/[name]Ivy[/name]/[name]Noelle[/name]. It’s definitely unique.

I saw this name at the top of the threads list and I immediatley thought uuuggghh! What a horrible name! Pins is a cute nn though.

I definitely wouldn’t use it myself, but I can see the appeal. I love Poinsettias.

Definitely not something I would use and I like flower names.

Interesting flower/christmas name. I don’t think I’d ever consider it for myself but its different and rather pretty.

I wouldn’t use it but I kinda like it. Always liked the nn Setta.

Not a fan, there are so many other great flower names!

I prefer [name]Amaryllis[/name] myself for [name]Christmas[/name] flowers, but how cute is Pins? I actually think it has frilly appeal. Names with strong t’s usually do for me. I think Poinsettia, [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Harriet[/name] and [name]Araminta[/name] sound pleasant together.

I think it works, but not something I would use, I don’t find it attractive at all.