Polar

What do you think of the name Polar for a girl :blush:

Itā€™s very wordy and reminds me of bipolar

2 Likes

Too wordy for me too. Itā€™s one of those words I wish could be a name though. Itā€™s got a really nice vibe but itā€™s a no from me.

Not a favourite seems odd as a name

I like the nature vibe that this name is going for but unfortunately, I just think of other ways polar can be used like polar opposites or bipolar.

I really want to like it, I love the wintery, snowy imagery of it. Unfortunately though, it reminds me too much of bipolar, so Iā€™m not a fan sorry!!

I find it a bit odd because it immediately makes me think of ā€˜polar oppositesā€™ and Iā€™m not sure how I feel about that as an association! Could use it in the middle though?

I think itā€™s really cute, actually! Unfortunately some immediate associations may make it more of a GP. For more names with sort of a similar feel, maybe [name_u]Frost[/name_u], [name_u]Snow[/name_u], Arctic, [name_u]Boreal[/name_u], or [name_f]Apricity[/name_f]?

Polar is kind of cute but Iā€™m not sure the associations or vibe is right

I donā€™t dislike what youā€™re trying to do here, but it does remind me of bipolar disorder. What about using Polaris like the star?

2 Likes

Was gonna suggest the same. Polaris. You get Polar in there but itā€™s more ā€œcompleteā€ and ā€œnameyā€ less ā€œwordyā€

2 Likes

All I can think of are polar bears and bipolar disorder.

Polar doesnā€™t work for me. Itā€™s cold and a little harsh.

I donā€™t see it as a name, but rather a word, so it would feel weird to have Polar as my name. Maybe you would like [name_f]Pilar[/name_f] which is an established name especially in the Spanish culture.

I only think polar bear, sorry. I think Solar works a bit better as a close-sounding word name.

I agree with @kidpix21it reminds me of Bipolar which if kids notice could both lead to bullying because of how stigmatised mental illness is

I think of Polaris, which could be more of a name then just Polar since I think of bipolar by itself.:slight_smile: