Poll: Adelaide + middle name "Grace" in which language!?

See the results of this poll: Adelaide + middle name "Grace" in which language!?

Respondents: 29 (This poll is closed)

• Adelaide Neema (Nay-ma: Swahili for Grace) : 4 (14%)
  • Adelaide Carys/Karis (Greek for Grace): 25 (86%)

My pick would be [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f], it’s so lovely and sweet and gentle. [name_f]Carys[/name_f] is more commonly known as a Welsh name meaning love, however, so would use the more Greek-looking [name_f]Karis[/name_f] if that’s the meaning you like.

I like Neema (though say NEE-muh myself). With the pronunciation you’ve given for Neema you’ve got double AY sounds in the combo which I’m not overly fond of…

So, my vote went to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Karis[/name_f] (I love [name_f]Carys[/name_f], however, spelled this way it = ‘love’ rather than ‘grace’) though I would prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Charis[/name_f]* (makes much more sense for the Greek ‘grace’ meaning too).

*Take with a grain of salt really as I’m no expert, but from what I’ve learned of Greek (just internet based research really) while C’s don’t exactly exist in Greek (C- names are usually transliterated to K- as in Calliope/Kalliope), the Greek letter CHI (X) is often transliterated to CH. Still, if you prefer the K and not the CH, go with it.

Since the [name_f]Carys[/name_f] spelling is actually a Welsh word for ‘love’, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Karis[/name_f] would be my pick.