Poll! Baby girl is here! Need help deciding on middle name!

• [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

0 voters

Hey Berries!

Our beautiful baby girl is here! We have decided on the first name [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. But need help with deciding on the first middle name.

[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] is my newest name crush, wasn’t on my radar til a few months ago but I’ve fallen HARD for it! I would use it as her first name but DH isn’t a huge fan of it.

[name_f]Araminta[/name_f] has been my favorite name for years! I also love the nn [name_f]Minty[/name_f] and will probably call her that as well. I also love that it means Defender and my sons name means Defender of men so I love that subtle connection between them. The only thing is I noticed whenever anyone IRL asks me my favorite name, I never say [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] because I don’t want to get any negative feedback.

DH isn’t a huge fan of either [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] or [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and has said it’s my decision on which one to use.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] is set. I know [name_f]Rose[/name_f] makes the combo very floral but it’s a 7th generation family name tradition to have the first born girl have [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in her name.

I personally prefer [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] as a name, but I voted for [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] because it seems more special to you!

1 Like

I love both but I voted [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] because I like the flow a little better. You really can’t go wrong though! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I also voted for [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] because of how you wrote about it- it really feels like you love it and have really worked it into your family.

But perhaps think of it this way- which name will you miss by NOT using it?

2 Likes

I vote [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]! Come on, it’s your favorite name! Plus, it’s unique and gorgeous, so who cares what anyone else thinks? The connection between it and your son’s name is a sweet bonus, and your husband isn’t really in love with [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] anyway. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is simply stunning. Go for it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, [name_f]Araminta[/name_f], definitely. She is divine, and obviously means a lot to you. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is truly stunning. Congrats!

1 Like

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is just perfection. I love all three names and they are utterly gorgeous together. Plus, [name_f]Minty[/name_f] is so cute as a nickname! Keep Guinevere for another baby. Congratulations BTW :slight_smile:

I adore [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] but your love for [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] is just shining through!

From your description, it sounds like not only is it the perfect choice for you, but it’s the perfect middle name choice for you. You get all the meaningful connections and cute nickname potential, but you won’t have to explain your choice to anyone unless you choose to.

Huge congratulations on your baby girl! :purple_heart:

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] before reading but having read your description, i think [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] is the perfect choice for you!!

1 Like

You love [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]- indicate it’s your favourite name- but are too nervous to use it as a first name. Using it here between two traditional names seems the perfect opportunity for you to give your daughter a name you love and balance it out with the familiar names of [name_f]Iris[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] !

1 Like

Definitely [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]! [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous and it’s clearly meaningful to you.

[name_f]Araminta[/name_f] sounds perfect for you based on your description :blush:

Iris [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is perfection. It embodies elegance,femininity, romanticism and personality all at once, with a classy and vintage vibe.

I do like [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] more than [name_f]Araminta[/name_f].

Congratulations for your baby girl! I hope you’re both doing well and you’re safe.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a precious name! I love it :heart: It is such a sweet, mysterious and elegant name! [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] is beautiful too, if it is your favorite go with it.
You’re little girl will have a gorgeous name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good luck!

Congratulations! I love both but [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is sooo gorgeous

Thank you to everyone!

Writing it down and reading the replies definitely helped me see which one my heart was lending towards. We ended up going with [name_f]Araminta[/name_f]! I was just nervous to use it but I knew I’ll regret it if I didn’t. I’ll be saving [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] if we ever have another girl.

7 Likes

Congratulations for your stunning choice!
I wish you all the best :heart:

Thank you! :blush: