Poll: Breton or Luke

See the results of this poll: Breton or Luke

Respondents: 47 (This poll is closed)

• Breton Alexander : 13 (28%)
  • Luke Joseph: 34 (72%)

I dislike the name [name]Breton[/name] (it sounds like the name of a type of bread) and like the name [name]Luke[/name], however [name]Luke[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] just doesn’t sound right. [name]Breton[/name] [name]Alexander[/name], however, has a nice ring to it and the names flow together well.
Maybe:
[name]Brendan[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Brandon[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Bradon[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Brian[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Brysen[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

The ‘n’ ending goes well with the ‘A’ starting of [name]Alexander[/name].

[name]Breton[/name] is interesting without being weird. [name]Love[/name] it!!

I don’t like [name]Breton[/name] at all, doesn’t sound/look like a real name. [name]Luke[/name] is much better.

Please choose [name]Breton[/name]! [name]Don[/name]'t listen to the haters! [name]Luke[/name] is such a common name! [name]Breton[/name] will give him a distinctive name and identity of his own. People will get used to the name! They’ll give him nicknames. Go with [name]Breton[/name]! [name]Do[/name] it!

Personally I like [name]Luke[/name] better and with the right last name [name]Luke[/name] not only sounds great, it also sounds really strong and stands out in the right way! I do like the [name]Alexander[/name] mn but over all [name]Luke[/name] wins for me and [name]Luke[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] would be great.

Part of why I made my decision is because [name]Breton[/name] is the language of the [name]Breton[/name] people who live in [name]Brittany[/name], seems like naming a baby English or Spanish because it basically is. Not sure why nameberry has it connected to the word [name]Bretton[/name] though.

I prefer [name]Luke[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] over [name]Breton[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] or [name]Luke[/name] [name]Joseph[/name].

As a pp stated above, [name]Luke[/name] [name]Alexander[/name] flows better and is a really strong name. I just don’t see [name]Breton[/name] as a name.

Other options could be [name]Brenton[/name] or [name]Brett[/name] if your heart is set on a name similar to [name]Breton[/name].

He’ll be a distinctive individual with an indentity of his own no matter what his name is. There are drawbacks and positives to common names and uncommon names alike.

When I saw [name]Breton[/name] my mind automatically finished “shirt.” I also have the association with the [name]Breton[/name] people, but I suppose that didn’t bother me as much. I’m not exactly sure why. I guess I saw it sort of like naming your son [name]Roman[/name]. Likely not a perfect parallel, but I think that’s why I wasn’t bothered by it.

I think that [name]Luke[/name] seems much cooler and [name]Breton[/name] seem as if it’s trying much too hard. I do quite like [name]Luke[/name] [name]Breton[/name], though.

[name]Breton[/name] is so much cooler!

[name]Luke[/name] is an all-boy name for me whereas the sound of [name]Breton[/name] leads to a more unisex choice ([name]Britton[/name] seems to be gaining popularity for girls). [name]Breton[/name] is a Celtic language and people (spoken in [name]Brittany[/name], [name]France[/name]), as well as a place name (Cape [name]Breton[/name], [name]Canada[/name]) so unless either of these have special meaning for you, I would choose [name]Luke[/name] [name]Joseph[/name].

Thanks for all the feedback. My grandparents are from Cape [name]Breton[/name] Island and that’s why we are considering it. I like [name]Luke[/name] but there are a ton, not sure if that would stop me though…

I like the combo [name]Luke[/name] [name]Breton[/name]. [name]Luke[/name] is one of those names that sounds so common, but aside from my brother, I’ve only met one other.

I like [name]Luke[/name] [name]Breton[/name] or even [name]Breton[/name] [name]Luke[/name]. [name]Luke[/name] is too popular as a first name, [name]IMO[/name]. But there are much better B names out there than [name]Breton[/name], [name]IMO[/name].

[name]Love[/name] this! With this connection I ould use [name]Breton[/name] in a second!

xo [name]Viv[/name]

I wouldn’t call people who don’t like a name, having been asked for their opinion, haters. Jeez!