Poll: Change spelling of my name

See the results of this poll: Should I change the spelling of my name

Respondents: 9 (This poll is closed)

• Keep the original spelling Suji : 9 (100%)
  • Change the spelling to Suzy: 0 (0%)

One thing you did not mention is how your parents feel about your considering to change your name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] they accept it? [name_f]Do[/name_f] their opinions matter to you? If you are worried about hurting them, then perhaps using [name_f]Suzy[/name_f] as an English nickname is completely acceptable. I knew a guy in high school who did that.

In the end, you should do what feels right for you. :slight_smile: good luck!

To be honest, keep your name !! It’s cute and unique, and i feel that updating your name to help others just allows them to continue their ignorance lol !! [name_f]Suzy[/name_f] is cute as a nn for you if that’s what you like being called… But to legally change your name sounds like a nightmare, new bank information, health insurance, with human resources with your job, your vehicle registration, at the pharmacy, library, ect ” coming from someone how has an extremely common first name i am jealous ( [name_f]Amanda[/name_f]) !! Lol

Thanks! To them, there is literally no difference as both Suji and [name_f]Suzy[/name_f] sound exactly the same in Korean (In Korean, J and Z sounds the same. Same as P and F / R and L). They live in Korea and write my name in Korean so I don’t think different English spelling will affect them.

Having an unique name sure does help as people remember it, but I’m not considering changing to help others. It was only because I didn’t like how my name sounded in English and hated people shortening it to Suj. But I agree, legally changing name does sound like a nightmare…

I would stay true to your name and simply correct people. My name is ‘misspelled’ and gets mispronounced constantly but my mom spelled it this way on purpose and I will keep it. :slight_smile: