Poll: Cool vs Classy!

We are trying to decide between choosing the more bold and cool name vs the classy and sweet name. Would love your votes!!

My style is unique and cool, but if you want something that will age the best, I’d go with classic.
I vote unique and cool though. :]

I would vote a classic name that is unique in that it isn’t used a lot. Not a lot of help, but if I could see some examples from each side i could cote better. [name]Unique[/name] and Classy tend to change from person to person.

I think I would have to see the name first. I generally lean toward sweet and classic, but I would think it would be nice to have a unique name, too. I do lean more toward sweet and classic, personally, though. They never go out of style and since they’re so popular, the name can suit just about anyone, I think. :slight_smile:

Cool, definitely. I think you need a more classic middle name to ground a cool name though.

i love cool names…or even classic names with a cool nn

but I don[t think that cool is the same as trendy…I am not a trendy name lover…I think it’s passe in a few years so even if something is “cool” it still has to have somewhat of a classic vibe

It really depends what you mean my cool. If you’re thinking trendy ([name]Harleigh[/name], [name]Kyla[/name], [name]Kinsley[/name]) then I would go for classy ([name]Caroline[/name], [name]Alice[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name]). But cool names can be classy too.

I like to think my list is a mix of both. Unusual and offbeat but also known and respectable.

I like the classics the most! But for boys, I lean toward the “cool” names.

This is tough because I don’t have theme in my name list.:slight_smile:

Honestly, I’m in the same boat as you.
I used to adore the name [name]Alexia[/name], and I still like it a lot, but lately [name]Alessandra[/name] has taken it’s place as my number one girl’s name.

[name]Alexia[/name] is the “cool” and [name]Alessandra[/name] is the “classy”.
I don’t know which theme I like more to be honest, I think it’d have to depend on what vibe I get from the child once it’s born.

This is also why I try to find names that fit both themes, so in case I have one child named [name]Alexia[/name], I could name by next…[name]Nathaniel[/name] (classy) but have it still sound right with [name]Alexia[/name].

I’d choose classic every time (though, ideally, it would be underused and somewhat ‘cool’ and unique). Today’s cool is tomorrow’s dated.

[name]How[/name] about a compromise? Look at classic names, but find ones that are cool. Look through these two lists for starters:

Surely there are names that are cool & classy?

Curious to see what you would put in each category; give us a peek and you will probably get LOTS of feedback :slight_smile:

Edited for privacy.

Depends on the pregnancy and what feels right. I try to mix both styles in one name. Cool for fn and classic for mn

It depends on the names.

If you have a list if names you’re considering I’m sure we can give you our opinions along with some classy VS cool alternatives or similar names!

I tend to like names a bit on the middle, or classy (er, classic?) names that aren’t used much. I’d just go with classy though, mainly because what is considered cool is highly subjective.