POLL: Favourite short name? (Boy version)

Since my boyfriend and I both have very long surnames and our future kids will probably be given both, I’m thinking it might be wise to go with a shorter first name. Please vote on your favourites! Also please comment if you have any suggestions or thoughts :heart: If you are interested, there is also a girl version of the poll! :heart:

• Jack
  • Jude
  • Ezra
  • Ace
  • Eneas
  • Amias
  • Arlo
  • Kit
  • Eli
  • Milo
  • Hugh
  • Hugo
  • Ira
  • Liam
  • Luca
  • Levi

0 voters

1 Like

Nooo, I can only pick 5 :see_no_evil: I voted for [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Eli[/name_u], and [name_u]Milo[/name_u], but would’ve also voted for [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. [name_m]Ace[/name_m], [name_u]Ira[/name_u], [name_m]Hugh[/name_m], and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are also all really nice!

1 Like

Thanks so much for voting and giving your input! I know the struggle of being limited on options, but I was afraid the results wouldn’t be as clear if you could vote freely :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I figured that was why and I totally understand! So much easier when I only like one of someone’s options lol

1 Like

Short boy’s names I love and would be so happy to see used:
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]/Bo
[name_u]Ren[/name_u]
[name_m]Venn[/name_m]
[name_m]Clay[/name_m]
[name_u]Beck[/name_u]
[name_m]Nye[/name_m]
[name_u]Vrai[/name_u]
[name_u]Roux[/name_u]/Rue
[name_f]Rion[/name_f]
[name_m]Reon[/name_m]
[name_u]Rio[/name_u]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_u]Sol[/name_u]
[name_u]Vere[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]

2 Likes

Thank you so much! There are so many great suggestions here, I especially love [name_u]Sol[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], and [name_m]Cole[/name_m] :heart:

1 Like

Hugo/ [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_m]Jack[/name_m]

And I do like [name_u]Kit[/name_u] as well.

1 Like

I pretty much love all of these names, only picking 5 was so difficult! I voted for [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_u]Milo[/name_u] and [name_u]Luca[/name_u]. But I also love [name_m]Amias[/name_m], [name_u]Levi[/name_u], [name_u]Eli[/name_u], and [name_u]Ira[/name_u].
I love you taste in names!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for voting and giving your input! I love your taste as well

I chose Milo, Luca, Kit and Levi

Hugo, Amias, Arlo and Ezra are amazing aswell

1 Like

This is such a gorgeous list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Milo[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u]. The only thing I would say is that [name_m]Amias[/name_m] and [name_m]Eneas[/name_m] seem like longer names to me (both visually and syllabically).

1 Like

Thank you for the lovely comment and your input! I was definitely on the fence including them, but most other names I like are much longer, so they were comparatively short

I love a lot of these - [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Arlo[/name_u], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], and [name_u]Kit[/name_u] in particular

1 Like

So difficult!

1 Like

i yell when i see eneas being used. yessss! and ezra, my forever love. ira and amias are also a++
extra points for being refreshing

1 Like

Eneas deserves more love imo!

2 Likes

My faves are [name_u]Kit[/name_u] (my son!), [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_m]Amias[/name_m] (pretty long in my book?), [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m].

Short names are my faves too. Others I like…

Jem
[name_u]Cass[/name_u]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_m]Tor[/name_m]
[name_u]Sol[/name_u]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_m]Kip[/name_m]
[name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_u]Dash[/name_u]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]
[name_m]Jago[/name_m]
Rua
[name_m]Lev[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_u]Mika[/name_u]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]
[name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m]
[name_u]Zeke[/name_u]
[name_u]Sacha[/name_u]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_m]Miro[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
Fenn
[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]
[name_m]Ike[/name_m]
[name_m]Eben[/name_m]
[name_m]Art[/name_m]
[name_m]Ludo[/name_m]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u]
[name_u]Esca[/name_u]
[name_m]Zev[/name_m]

1 Like

Thanks for voting and giving all those wonderful suggestions! I love [name_u]Asa[/name_u], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_u]Sol[/name_u], [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Sacha[/name_u], and [name_m]Miro[/name_m] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sam and [name_u]Max[/name_u] are my favorite short boys names.

From the ones you gave, I love [name_u]Levi[/name_u] and [name_u]Liam[/name_u] :heart:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! I also think [name_u]Sam[/name_u]
is a great name - it’s so handsome and pleasant!