Poll: favourite W name?

See the results of this poll: Which ones do you like best?

Respondents: 131 (This poll is closed)

• Wilbur : 8 (3%)
  • Wilfred : 16 (7%)
  • Winston : 28 (12%)
  • Walter : 35 (15%)
  • Wolf (as a nn?) : 25 (10%)
  • Wilder : 42 (17%)
  • William : 68 (28%)
  • Walt (as a nn?) : 14 (6%)
  • Wilf (as a nn?): 5 (2%)

If I’m honest W names are ones that I struggle the most with. The only one of my list is for a boy and that’s [name]Weston[/name]. I dislike [name]William[/name] pasionately though I think the nickname [name]Billy[/name] is cute. [name]Wilder[/name] is also nice. [name]Wilber[/name] just reminds me of a cat (sorry!). I think [name]Wolf[/name] can work alone - I also like this - but [name]Walt[/name] and Wilf need something more, [name]Walt[/name] reminds me of [name]Walt[/name] Disney (not a bad association but a prominent one) and Wilf was a Auntie’s dog. :slight_smile:

“W” names are my absolute favorites for boys. I adore [name]Waldo[/name] and [name]Walden[/name] and [name]Walter[/name], but [name]Wallace[/name] is my all-time favorite.

I like [name]Winston[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] from your poll.

Thanks for the feedback.

Ooh, I like [name]Walden[/name], [name]Augusta[/name]. It reminds me of [name]Walden[/name] which is a book that means so much to me (by transcendentalist [name]Henry[/name] [name]David[/name] [name]Thoreau[/name]). I like [name]Wallace[/name] a lot too.

[name]Winston[/name], for sure!

[name]Wilder[/name], [name]William[/name], and [name]Winston[/name] are my favorites, in that order. :slight_smile: I really love [name]Wilder[/name], I considered it for my own list a while back. I think [name]Wolf[/name] can work on its own, but I’m not sure Wilf and [name]Walt[/name] can. I think [name]Walter[/name] nn [name]Walt[/name] works wonderfully. I don’t know what I’d use for Wilf–maybe [name]Wilfred[/name] or Wulfric?

You might also like [name]Wim[/name], a rare nn for [name]William[/name] (way better than [name]Liam[/name], IMHO).

My favorite is [name]Winslow[/name]. Its a family.
I also like [name]Wallace[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Winston[/name], and [name]Walter[/name] nn [name]Walt[/name]. I like [name]Willem[/name], but I am not sure it is usable.

I voted for [name]Wilfred[/name]! I’m biased because it is the name of my grandfather and future sons middle name! [name]Love[/name] the nickname possibilities too : [name]Wil[/name], Wilf, [name]Wolf[/name], [name]Willie[/name], [name]Fred[/name], [name]Freddie[/name], [name]Fredo[/name]! [name]Love[/name]!

I really like [name]Wilder[/name] because it reminds me so much of [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name]. [name]Winston[/name] and [name]Wolf[/name] would be runner ups, but [name]Wolf[/name] really only works as a nickname or middle I think. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Walter[/name]! It is so cute!

[name]William[/name] is the only one I like.

I voted for [name]William[/name], it’s the only one I can see working of a boy now-a-days.

I love [name]William[/name]. It is so classic and dignified. I hope you choose it!

I voted [name]William[/name], but I also love [name]Wesley[/name].

Apparently [name]Wolf[/name] is a nickname for [name]William[/name], so I’d vote for that. Classic name with a fun, different nickname.

[name]William[/name] - because it’s just my all-time favourite :smiley: Suits anyone and has a lot of nn opportunities- [name]Will[/name], [name]Billy[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Wim[/name], [name]Bill[/name], Wella, [name]Wills[/name]…

[name]Walter[/name] - it’s a solid classic that’s still very wearable today.

[name]Wilfred[/name] - I have a lot of love for [name]Wilfred[/name]. I think he’s on the turn and becoming fashionable again. And you get the handsome nicknames [name]Will[/name] and [name]Freddie[/name].

Although I quite like [name]Winston[/name], I didn’t vote for him as the [name]Churchill[/name] connection is too strong [name]IMO[/name].

I think [name]Wolf[/name] could work on his own, but the others need [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Wilfred[/name]. As for [name]Wilder[/name], I’m not keen. At all. It doesn’t fit with your ‘eccentric old man’ names and feels like a trendy American surname name to me. Also, it’d seem a bit ironic if he turned out to be a shy, quiet guy.

My favorite on your list is [name]Wilder[/name]. Its just so fun and handsome. W names are some of my favorites too. I personally love [name]Weston[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name].

[name]Wilder[/name] and [name]Walter[/name] are both great, but have very different vibes. They are my favorites from your list.

I personally enjoy [name]Willoughby[/name] and [name]Winslow[/name]. The nickname [name]Win[/name] is adorable!