Poll for Ella vs Ellie vs Elle

See the results of this poll: Ella vs Ellie vs Elle

Respondents: 45 (This poll is closed)

• Ella : 27 (60%)
  • Ellie : 4 (9%)
  • Elle: 14 (31%)

I chose [name]Ella[/name] - it feels more complete to me, compared to [name]Ellie[/name] and [name]Elle[/name], which seem like nicknames.

I have loved [name]Ellie[/name] for years, and much prefer it to [name]Ella[/name] for some odd reason. [name]Ellie[/name] feels like a timeless nickname to me that could be a full name. I love the spunk in [name]Ellie[/name], and if you’re an avid video gamer, there’s the reference to the teenaged main character who bears the name in the Last of Us, an award winning game that many think could be Game of the Year.

I’m an [name]Eloise[/name] who’s always been known as [name]Ellie[/name]. Looking at it objectively, if I had to pick from the three to name my daughter, I’d still go with [name]Ellie[/name]. It’s a fun name, I think! (Or so I’ve been told)! Much more cheerful than my real name - I like it! :stuck_out_tongue: It’s girly without being too twee but has nickname potential as a standalone name by itself (I often have [name]Ellie[/name] shortened AGAIN to [name]El[/name] or Elz)…

I love [name]Ella[/name]. [name]Ellie[/name] has always felt obnoxious and clingy and boring all at once (not that I could say why), and I’ve just never been a fan at all. [name]Elle[/name] I can appreciate, but I don’t love it as much as [name]Ella[/name], and it feels a bit more pretentious than the sweet and down-to-earth [name]Ella[/name]. I do like [name]Elle[/name], too, though. It’s [name]Ella[/name]. I find it so sweet and charming. The others are fine, they just aren’t as appealing to me, though.

[name]Ella[/name]! So much vintage charm.