Poll: help me pick international boy names

To give you background, my partner and I will be moving abroad in a few years and our kids will have a very international upbringing. Until we move, I’m just adding to my list of usable names :slight_smile: Girl names I like: [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] are two.

Our kids will likely have a very long hyphenated last name, so I’m wondering if their first name must be short or it doesn’t matter?

• Nico
  • Niko
  • Leo
  • Oliver
  • Max
  • Theo
  • Anders
  • Nicolas
  • Nikolas
  • Nikolai
  • Theodore
  • Maximilian
  • Sebastian
  • Alexander
  • Stellan

0 voters

I love a lot of your names, including your girls’ names.

For boys, I love [name_u]Nico[/name_u]/Niko, [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]; I also like [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m].

Shorter is preferable with a super long last name but I don’t necessarily think you have to rule out a longer name. Perhaps the only one that may be a little too much with a very long surname is [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m], although I’d have to know the surname to say for sure.

I love [name_u]Nico[/name_u]/Niko most for you I think. It’s international, short, and it goes brilliantly with [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply! I agree that [name_u]Nico[/name_u]/Niko goes well with those two girl names.

1 Like

I think shorter is better with your last name, but also shorter names travel better! When there are less syllables and distinct sounds in a name, I think it’s easier for it to sound similar in multiple languages/accents. [name_f]My[/name_f] favorite choices for you are [name_u]Nico[/name_u], [name_u]Max[/name_u], and [name_u]Theo[/name_u].

1 Like

I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m], [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Stellan[/name_m]!

1 Like

These names are so my style! I love all of them and you can’t really go wrong, but my favorite is [name_m]Anders[/name_m]. I would love to see it being used! I’ll try to persuade you:

1. The meaning is lovely: strong and manly
  2. It’s the scandanavian variation of [name_m]Andrew[/name_m] so could honor an [name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
  3. While not popular, it’s recognizable and easy to spell
  4. It could be a nickname to [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and any other -ander name:
    [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
    [name_m]Leander[/name_m]
    [name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
    [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
  5. It’s just so cute and ages very well

Besides [name_m]Anders[/name_m], my favorites are [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], and [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]!