Poll - Help us Narrow Down

We are narrowing down our list. [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] are the leading favorites, and we’re still fascinated by the newer addition of [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] to the list. Please vote on any and all you like, and offer justification in comments. [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] additional suggestions, too!

Right now, I see two sibsets:

• Tess / Clark / Claire - we both agree on these
  • Tess / Liz / Enzo - husband doesn’t like Liz

Naming Style: We prefer names like are 1 syllable that still sound good with a 1 syllable last name. Our naming style is classic modern, leaning heavily European. We have a daughter, [name_f]Tess[/name_f] ([name_f]Tess[/name_f]). [name_u]French[/name_u] schooling, so the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation of a name has to sound good too.

Fun [name_u]Poll[/name_u] here: Thank you everyone who voted on the “which one do you hate poll” – which is still open (Vote: Which one(s) do you HATE? - #2 by elanorelle)… Please continue to weigh in, and be brutal!

Unfortunately, despite [name_m]Leo[/name_m] being the previous winner (or least hated, heh!), and [name_m]Henry[/name_m] being rated also quite favorably, we’ve nixed them because we just don’t love their pronunciations in [name_u]French[/name_u].

Thank you!

• [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Liz[/name_f]
  • [name_u]Mallory[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Clark[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]

0 voters

Thank you everyone for your votes so far.

• Welcome justifications in the comments to help us better whittle down the choices!

• Welcome a name you think would fit our style (see main post) better

Thank you!

Claire would work so well with [name_f]Tess[/name_f], as would [name_m]Clark[/name_m], which I prefer to [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] – especially with [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. [name_f]Liz[/name_f] feels a little too nickname-y, tbh. I know [name_f]Tess[/name_f] is also a nickname, but it has substantial history as a standalone given name, too. And if your husband isn’t too keen on it, it doesn’t seem like the best option. [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] feels a little '90s next to the others, but I can see it working with [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and potentially [name_m]Clark[/name_m].

So [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], and [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] all got a vote from me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ADORE [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] !! It feels fresh!

1 Like

Thank you!
I know [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] is a [name_u]French[/name_u] name, but Id call her [name_u]Mal[/name_u], and at the same time, her classmates would be learninf how to say what hurts (e.g. my knee hurts, etc), which has the word "mal’ in it. Essentially, her nn would be “bad” .

That said, ppl with the names of [name_m]Clark[/name_m] or [name_f]Paige[/name_f] or [name_u]Finn[/name_u] don’t seem to be any worse for the wear for having noun names. Clarks and Paiges don’t feel subservient, and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] doesn’t identify wirh being a fish…lol

Mallory has been on our list since 2016, and just has never come off. Seems like there’s always one other name that jumps ahead of it that we gravitate towards a little more, like [name_f]Tess[/name_f], and like [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

Liz - my husband doesnt have strong feelings about most names. He’s not feeling [name_f]Liz[/name_f] at the moment, but I think he’d come around to it. [name_f]Liz[/name_f] arose because I really liked [name_f]Liv[/name_f], but it sounded too much like a slogan with our LN.

1 Like

Thank you!

Tess and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] work the best. [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] has a completely different vibe to the rest of your names.

1 Like

Artemis - what vibes do you get from [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and the rest of the names, and what vibes do you get from [name_m]Enzo[/name_m]? Im genuinely curious and interested to know. Thank you :slight_smile: :face_with_monocle:

Tess and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] sound preppy to me and I like preppy names. So I think they match well as a sibset. [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] to me is very Italian so I would pair [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] with the likes of [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] or [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]. Etc.
But then it might just be my personal taste. I like sibling names to have the same style

1 Like

Oh yeah, I totally see that. [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], and [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] kind of all do sound like preppy names.

I was thinking of [name_f]Tess[/name_f] & [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] as preppy, bright, non traditional names popular in Europe. [name_f]Tess[/name_f] and [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] are both trending in Europe.

Enzo is a shortened form for Italian names like [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m], and [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] could sound like a shortened form of the Italian names [name_f]Contessa[/name_f], [name_f]Teresa[/name_f], etc.

That connection may be too far from American context though! Your responses were really helpful, thank you!

I’m from the UK.
[name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m]/NN [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] and [name_f]Contessa[/name_f]/nnTessa sound good. Maybe the longer versions are whats needed. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_u]Mallory[/name_u], and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] with [name_f]Tess[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] only objection is I don’t love [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] as siblings since they are so similar. [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] I think it might depend on where you live and what your surname is. Coming from the US, [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_m]Clark[/name_m], and [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] all sound like normal [name_f]English[/name_f] names, but [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] definitely sounds Italian to me. If you are in Europe it might be different though.

1 Like

Thank you! This seems to be the consensus on [name_m]Enzo[/name_m].

All of the votes and replies really help us bat around the names more and look at them from different angles.

Pleass keep em coming!

Claire and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] are my favourites, although I prefer the [name_u]Clarke[/name_u] spelling.

Thank you! This seems to be the consensus on [name_m]Enzo[/name_m].

Al of the votes and responses are reay helpful to us. Please keep em coming!