Poll: How would you pronounce Cormac?

I like the name and have tried to research how people say it (even watching interviews with Cormac McCarthy, haha), but I still haven’t found anything solid. If you’re willing, it would also be helpful to get comments about your pronunciation and where your accent is from (ex “I have a midwest American accident and I think I would say Cor-mec”). Thanks for your help! :blush:

• Cor-mac
  • Cor-mic
  • Cor-mec

0 voters

In [name_u]Ireland[/name_u] it’s Cor-mac. Never heard anything else.

5 Likes

Cor-mac is how I would say it… I’m an Aussie

1 Like

Cor-Mac, with a strong [name_u]Mack[/name_u] sound (I’m in the UK)

4 Likes

Yep, cor-mack here! (In England)

2 Likes

I’d say cor-mac (Australian)

1 Like

[name_m]Cor[/name_m]- mack (New [name_u]England[/name_u] area of the USA)

1 Like

Cor-mic

Midwestern US

3 Likes

Cor-mac

Southern US

1 Like

I prn like cor-muhk. But i think it’s accent that matters

4 Likes

i’m from southern US and i say cor-mic. the cor-mack pronunciation is really awkward to say in my accent, lol!

5 Likes

Cor-Mack. I’m from [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_u]England[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_u]Southern[/name_u] US – Cor-mic

1 Like

Northeast US here and my instinct is to say Cor-mic. We just don’t typically enunciate vowels at the end of words like that. But that being said, if someone corrected me that their name is pronounced cor-MAC I wouldn’t be surprised and I think I could switch to that pronunciation pretty easily. Cor-mec would be harder for me.

1 Like

I’m in northeast US, I say Cor-mic mostly comfortably.
[name_u]Love[/name_u] the name, it does reminds me of mccormick spices a little, I think that’s why I default to the -mic sound.

4 Likes

Midwest US - cor-mic

2 Likes

I’m from NY, and it’s always cor-mack here (that I’ve heard, at least)!!

I have heard the -mic pronunciation online, though!

1 Like

It looks like it should be -mac, in my head I’m saying -mic, but my midwest adjacent accent makes it come out closer to -mec.

2 Likes

[name_u]Southern[/name_u] US, I would say cor-mack

1 Like

Same!

1 Like