Poll: Jack, Eddie or Harry

Looking for a name for baby brother to Maggie and Lucy. After some excellent suggestions and discussion here we’ve narrowed it down to three names, Jack, Eddie and Harry.

We’ve always loved the name Jack (was top of our boys list) but didn’t realise just how popular it was (we are in Australia) until it actually came time to settle on a name. We are not particularly bothered by popularity, although concerned that maybe we don’t realise the extent of the popularity… are we setting our babe up to be surrounded by Jacks his whole life? Is it really tough having a common name?Or not so bad? Keeping that in mind… what would you pick?! Thank you!

• Eddie
  • Jack
  • Harry

0 voters

i love both eddie & jack, but voted for jack bc i think it’s your fav! plus he goes great with maggie & lucy. i do love both tho

1 Like

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love this name so much! I’m from Australia too and know quite a couple of Jacks, but it never grows old for me. So handsome!
Xx

1 Like

I like [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] for you! It works brilliantly with [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and is a cool name. That said, [name_u]Jack[/name_u] works well too and it’s popular for a reason!

1 Like

We do love [name_u]Jack[/name_u], but we also really love [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] now too! Gosh we find naming tricky!!

Life isn’t any way tough due to having a common name. Life’s more convenient not having to spell it out ever or correct mispronunciations because that never happens either. All good options so go with with the one you like the most.

3 Likes

I love [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and [name_u]Jack[/name_u], so I voted for [name_u]Harry[/name_u]. But I say if you really love the name [name_u]Jack[/name_u], don’t worry about the popularity. I have a 4 year old (in the US) and have only encountered 1 [name_u]Jack[/name_u] in classes so far.

1 Like

I love all three of these names ! Rest assured you are already an expert namer so whatever you name him will be perfect

I voted for [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] ! I love [name_u]Jack[/name_u] and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] too but [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] feels so complimentary so [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]

I don’t think having a popular name is burdensome but he will definitely have to use the last initial in his name through school

1 Like

[name_u]Harry[/name_u] gets my vote!

1 Like

Harry!!!

1 Like

[name_u]Jack[/name_u], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are a dream sibset :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I love [name_u]Jack[/name_u]! Especially since it’s your favorite name and it goes so well with your girls names!

1 Like

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] and [name_u]Harry[/name_u] are my favs! [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is so cheeky and adventurous, I love it. Harry’s my 2nd fav.

1 Like

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] feels perfect for you! The others feel a little matchy in terms of the three -ee endings together, and I agree that [name_u]Jack[/name_u] seems like your longtime favourite.

If you’re not too bothered by popularity, I think [name_u]Jack[/name_u] will be fine. Popularity is not what it used to be – even the top names aren’t that popular any more, historically speaking – and [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is nicely distinct from other popular names with that crisp ending sound.

For me, the trend of two-syllable, ie/y ending, vintage nicknames for both sexes feels way more popular as a category than [name_u]Jack[/name_u] does on its own.

Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

[name_u]Jack[/name_u] sounds best with the others!

I have a very common name (Emily) and it really doesn’t bother me hearing my name around often. I still love my name. I don’t think it’s “tough” having a common name at all! (I’m also in Australia BTW)

2 Likes

Ditto everything @katinka said. [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is perfect!

I’m in Australia too and I’m a teacher and while [name_u]Jack[/name_u] is popular I don’t think it’s really an issue. Yes, your son will know other Jacks but he‘d encounter others with the same name if he was [name_u]Eddie[/name_u] or [name_u]Harry[/name_u] too.

I say go with your longtime favourite!

2 Likes

[name_u]Harry[/name_u] for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like