Poll: Middle Name For Juno?

See the results of this poll: What goes best with Mae Reed?

Respondents: 15 (This poll is closed)

• Lucille : 3 (12%)
  • Matilda : 2 (8%)
  • Tabitha : 5 (20%)
  • Marlene : 2 (8%)
  • Martha : 1 (4%)
  • Audrey : 5 (20%)
  • Louisa: 7 (28%)

[name]Mae[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] seems like a really great choice. I know a lot of people like [name]Lucille[/name], but I can’t seem to get on the bandwagon yet; it’s very, very grandmotherly to me, still, and with a vintage name like [name]Mae[/name] it might just be a bit too 1925. The ‘m’ names – [name]Martha[/name], [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Marlene[/name] – are all too alliterative with [name]Mae[/name]; plus, it’s tough to change the shape of the mouth quickly enough to say “[name]Mae[/name]” (‘m’ followed by a long ‘a’) and then “Ma-” (‘m’ followed by a short ‘a’). The vowels at the center of “[name]Mae[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]” blend together a bit, and the rhythm of “[name]Mae[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name]” seems a little off. So, I think [name]Mae[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] is the clear winner! (And it’s wonderful with [name]Jasper[/name].)

I like the [name]Mae[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] suggestion and think it’s a better combination. Another suggestion-- what about [name]Mae[/name] [name]Estelle[/name]?