POLL Middle name for Saul

See the results of this poll: Middle name for Saul

Respondents: 21 (This poll is closed)

• Isaac: 4 (19%)
  • Aaron: 4 (19%)
  • Elijah: 9 (43%)
  • Judah: 4 (19%)

Since [name]Saul[/name] is one syllable, I think the only three syllable name on your list is the best so I voted for [name]Elijah[/name]. [name]Saul[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] looks and sounds wonderful in my opinion. All the best!

I agree with the pp about the syllables but I don’t like the repetitive sounds of [name]Saul[/name] and [name]Elijah[/name]. The transition is tricky and then the flow is off…
If your surname is really long however, a two-syllable middle is fine. My vote goes to [name]Judah[/name] if that’s the case, but then the surname would have to be three syllables or more for the name to flow right.

Looking for old Testament names, [name]Saul[/name] [name]Jericho[/name] comes to mind for something less traditional, or [name]Saul[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] for the opposite.Also love [name]Gideon[/name], and [name]Tobiah[/name]. [name]Saul[/name] [name]Tobiah[/name] is wonderful :slight_smile:

Others:
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Frederick[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Dominic[/name]

I liked [name]Alexander[/name] the first time around, I think that’s so cool that it’s actually your husband’s name! What are the chances??

This time around, I chose [name]Isaac[/name]. While I do understand what pp is saying about the 3 syllables, I think [name]Elijah[/name] is too much for [name]Saul[/name]. I think [name]Saul[/name] [name]Isaac[/name] sounds really nice together.

Would you consider [name]Sol[/name] instead, like as a nn to [name]Solomon[/name]? Or is that too formal? I think I remember that [name]Saul[/name] was a family name for you, so that might be why? Either way…[name]Isaac[/name] is my choice! Good luck!

[name]Saul[/name] [name]Benedict[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Emmet[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Christian[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Amadeus[/name]
[name]Saul[/name] [name]Ebenezer[/name] (I think it has nice flow, and it is Hebrew… you seem to like biblical names)