POLL: Miles & Maeve or Miles & Florence?

My son’s name is Miles and we are currently expecting a baby girl. I adore the names Maeve and Florence. Which would you lean toward?

• Miles & Maeve
  • Miles & Florence
0 voters
  • Would like to note that I too love the name Flora but was very sad when I came across the Turn of the Screw reference… so that was vetoed.

I don’t personally mind the double “M” of Miles and Maeve, but wondering if it is too much/ too similar?
Thoughts?

[name_u]Miles[/name_u] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] are lovely together - they sound different enough!

I love [name_u]Florence[/name_u] too, but it does make me think of Turn of the Screw, even before you mentioned [name_f]Flora[/name_f] :person_shrugging:

I honestly think [name_u]Miles[/name_u] & [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] are too similar while [name_u]Miles[/name_u] & [name_u]Florence[/name_u] pair super well while also being independent.

I don’t have the faintest idea what the Turn of the Screw reference is so…

1 Like

[name_u]Miles[/name_u] & [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] sound so precious together! Something like [name_u]Miles[/name_u] & [name_f]Mila[/name_f] would be too close, but [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] has a distinct sound which I love.

Thank you everyone for this wonderful feedback ! Although, I’m not sure it has made it any easier as the results are VERY close. Was kind of hoping one would really outshine the other… I guess we know we have two great contenders. [name_f]May[/name_f] have to flip a coin on this one. Hehe.