POLL name for daughter #3

Thanks to the awesome input on NB, we have narrowed down our baby’s name. It has been a challenge since we are looking for a name to balance out our first daughter’s modern name (Finley) with our second daughter’s traditional name (Josephine). So what would you pick for daughter number 3??

Finley, Josephine (Josie, Jo) and….

• Adeline/Adelaide (Addy)
  • Elena (Laney, Ellie)
  • Alexandra (Alex)
  • Samantha (Sam, Sammy)
0 voters

Thank you!

[name_f]Samantha[/name_f] or [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]!

I prefer [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] over [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] with [name_m]Finley[/name_m] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] or [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is my favorite (I prefer [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] for the different ending from Josephine!), but I think [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] works best to bridge the gap between [name_m]Finley[/name_m] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

Good luck!

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] for you and would use [name_f]Laney[/name_f] as her nickname (Ellie is so overused IMHO). I think she bridges the two styles nicely.

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] work really well for me - the nicknames and classic-but-fresh feel bring balance to the set, but they also hold their own, have their own style :slight_smile:

Which end sound would you use for [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]: -LINE, -LYNN or -LEEN?

I love [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] + [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] :crescent_moon:

I like “line” pronunciation for [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] best because but maybe that’s because I e always pronounced it like that? But I also really like [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] for exactly the @ashthedreamer said… it is different from the N ending in [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. Although having the N also bridges the names with the same letter for all! So many decisions…. :laughing:

2 Likes

I agree with you… used to LOVE [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] as a nickname but my goodness it’s everywhere… which is maybe one of the reasons I would NOT use [name_f]Elena[/name_f]? If she blended in with all the other El-names around her.

[name_f]Adeline[/name_f] fits the N sound theme, is both currently trendy like [name_m]Finley[/name_m], and classic like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

or,
[name_f]Samantha[/name_f], classic like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], and unisex [name_m]Sam[/name_m] to fit perfectly with [name_m]Finley[/name_m] and [name_f]Jo[/name_f]

I really like Alexandra (Alex, Lexie) with your other kids names- they all have slightly different endings, are classic with good nicknames

I would use [name_f]Elena[/name_f] in my opinion. The name fits nicely with your other girls, and the nicknames would fit right in as well.

I like the -line sound too :slight_smile:

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] is gorgeous too! I think it just depends how important it is for you that the set feels more ‘cohesive’ and ‘balanced’ - [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] feels balanced between modern and vintage; [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] leans more towards [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. But then, nn [name_f]Addy[/name_f] brings balance - and they won’t be referred to as a set forever, so as long as you love each name individually, that’s the main thing!

I also just thought of [name_f]Adelaine[/name_f] - like a blend of the two, with a vintage but contemporary feel, with nicknames [name_f]Addy[/name_f] and [name_f]Lainey[/name_f]

[name_f]Elena[/name_f] feels like the perfect third style to introduce to your set! [name_f]Laney[/name_f] is so cuuute.

I think [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is an amazing tie-in between your two girls: she feels youthful and fun like [name_m]Finley[/name_m], while still having a vintage charm like Josephine!!

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] :heart: