Poll on Silvia & Olivia

See the results of this poll: Olivia & Silvia ~ are they similiar in feel/sound/written out?

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Yes: 17 (63%)
  • No: 10 (37%)

The only thing that’s similar is the “via” ending, like any name ending in “lee” or “son” sounds.

[name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Sylvia[/name] each have a totally different feel to me.

I agree; the second halves are the same, but they are very different in style and feel.

Bump…I need more opinions on this berries!!! 12 votes out of over a hundred views???

Is this for siblings? Or just in general?

I don’t think they look hugely different but they’re a bit different in style I think.

[name]Olivia[/name] is very popular at the moment and [name]Silvia[/name] is only recently experiencing a bit of a comeback.
I know I’d be a bit gutted if I was [name]Olivia[/name] (currently very popular) and my sister was the lovely [name]Silvia[/name] (uncommon and lovely).

I do like them together as a sibset though, despite their written similarity.

No they most definitely would not be sisters. I have a bad association with the name [name]Silvia[/name] to the point that I cannot have anything similiar to it. I like [name]Sophia[/name] but feel that it sounds to much like [name]Silvia[/name]. Thoughts on if Im right on wrong on that one?

Yeah they are quite similar.

I’m confused now. What was the purpose of this thread? You hate [name]Silvia[/name] so you don’t want anything similar to it at all?

I like [name]Olivia[/name] and would consider it if its not to similiar to [name]Silvia[/name], but as I suspected others agree that it is similiar. (I was seeing if it was just me that thought it might be too similiar)

I think that if it’s your own personal bad association with [name]Silvia[/name] that is keeping you from the name, then you’re the only one who can tell if another name is similar and reminds you of [name]Silvia[/name]. If you think of [name]Silvia[/name] when you say the name [name]Olivia[/name], and that’s a problem for you, then you probably shouldn’t use [name]Olivia[/name].

To me they are different in style, with [name]Silvia[/name] being more delicate-sounding and more rare. I really like [name]Silvia[/name], but personally wouldn’t consider [name]Olivia[/name] due to popularity. But like I said, I can’t tell you if [name]Olivia[/name] reminds you of [name]Silvia[/name] :wink: