Poll! Opinions on these names?

Hey! I’m trans and I’ve been struggling a lot with finding a good name that fits me. Which of these names do you like the most, and why? Here’s the poll, I’ll give my opinions on each of these names below it.

• [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Luca[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Theo[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Roman[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Emery[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Remy[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Rem[/name_m]
  • [name_f]Juno[/name_f]
0 voters

[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] seems a bit too feminine to me but I still like it; I like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] more. [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are both amazing but I’m not exactly sure what I like about them. [name_u]Emery[/name_u] is the same as [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u]. I think [name_m]Rem[/name_m] is so great; I just found it today but I love it. [name_u]Remy[/name_u] is a cute nn. [name_f]Juno[/name_f] is another one-off.
Any additional suggestions are welcome! I’ll make another poll with additional names :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think [name_m]Roman[/name_m] may be the “one”! [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Luca[/name_u] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are very masculine, in my opinion, but if you’re not sure about any of those options, I don’t believe they are your name.
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] is very girly, in my opinion, so I won’t advise you to choose it.
[name_u]Emery[/name_u] and [name_m]Rem[/name_m]/Remy are nice, but not my style. What about [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or [name_u]Ren[/name_u]?

1 Like

My personal favorites are [name_u]Rowan[/name_u], [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]Luca[/name_u], and [name_u]Theo[/name_u], however…

It sounds like for you, [name_m]Roman[/name_m] and [name_u]Theo[/name_u] are the names that you both like and seem the most masculine.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve definitely thought that [name_m]Roman[/name_m] may be the one! [name_u]Theo[/name_u] is probably my second choice. I’m not out yet or else I would start testing names with friends haha. I was hoping I’d know as soon as I saw the name but it’s becoming more clear that it won’t happen
[name_f]Juno[/name_f] is pretty feminine, yeah. I read it next to [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m] and I think that made [name_f]Juno[/name_f] feel more unisex/masculine to me
I actually considered [name_u]Ren[/name_u] a while ago but it reminds me of a not-so-great time, so it’s not an option haha
Thanks for your thoughts! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Roman is so handsome but also friendly sounding. [name_m]Rem[/name_m]/Remy could be nicknames for it!

3 Likes

My personal favorite is Rowan followed by Emery and Luca but they are all unisex and I’m not sure how you feel about unisex names. I noticied many trans people seem to want to make sure that there is no confusion on how they identify so they like to choose a name that’s clearly masculine/feminine and not unisex. I’m not sure if you feel the same way but if you are, Theo and Roman are the most masculine to me. I’ve never heard of Juno on a male since Juno is a Roman Goddess but it sounds cool if you like it.

Edit: Nameberry says Theo is also unisex but I’ve only heard it on a boy. Same with Luca

1 Like

[name_u]Theo[/name_u] is my favorite it seems super strong and powerful
[name_f]Hope[/name_f] you are doing well
:+1:t2:

1 Like

I never thought of [name_m]Rem[/name_m]/Remy being a nickname for [name_m]Roman[/name_m]! I love that.
I’m fine with unisex names! Anything besides feminine names are great in my book. So, [name_f]Juno[/name_f]'s definitely out of the picture haha
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u] to me feels the most feminine of all of the names so I probably won’t choose it. I agree that [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_m]Roman[/name_m] are the most masculine, and I love them both. A possible combo could be [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]?

2 Likes

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] nn [name_m]Rem[/name_m]/Remy/Theo sounds wonderful!! :heart:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Roman[/name_m] because it is clearly masculine, has the possibility of [name_f]Ro[/name_f], [name_m]Rem[/name_m] and [name_u]Remy[/name_u] as nicknames and I think it is more unique than [name_u]Theo[/name_u] and [name_u]Luca[/name_u] (although they are also great names). [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] is an awesome combo!

1 Like

starts quietly chanting for [name_m]Roman[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
:grin: :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] with the nickname [name_m]Rem[/name_m] would be great!
I also really like [name_u]Theo[/name_u], though just in case it bothers you, I know many transmasculine people with the name.

1 Like

Roman seems strong and sophisticated but still like relatable/ not too over the top. I think it’s also one of the more masculine names on your list.

1 Like

My vote goes to [name_m]Roman[/name_m]!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] as a little update, I think I’ve settled on [name_m]Roman[/name_m]! I was talking to another trans friend who I was discussing names with, and he called me [name_m]Roman[/name_m]. It’s hard to explain the euphoria it gave me haha, maybe it was being gendered correctly or maybe it was the name, but I think I’m going to go with [name_m]Roman[/name_m] for now. I can always change later :slight_smile:
But!! I’m still looking for a middle. If you want to pop in a suggest a few names, here’s the link to that thread: Roman Combos? - #5 by juliem1912 thank you for all of the help! <3

1 Like