POLL - Our Favorite Girls' Names

See the results of this poll: Which Girls’ Name Would You Choose?

Respondents: 69 (This poll is closed)

• Anna: 13 (19%)
  • Caroline: 11 (16%)
  • Charlotte: 10 (14%)
  • Claire: 11 (16%)
  • Elizabeth: 11 (16%)
  • Julia: 13 (19%)

[name]Hi[/name] lifi! Could you please give a little more information about your last name? What does it start with, or what does it rhyme with? You have wonderful name choices (my and my two sisters’ names are in here) and I’d like to give you as educated an opinion as possiblle. :slight_smile:

I chose [name]Anna[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name] though to be honest I like all the names except for [name]Claire[/name] which is more of a middle name to me.

I love [name]Anna[/name] and also the nn [name]Annie[/name] which is so cute! [name]Anna[/name] itself though is lovely, simple and classic and feminine without being frilly. It’s perfect with a longer last name too. You could do something like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Anna[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] depending on how many syllable your last name is.

I also think [name]Elizabeth[/name] is a wonderful choice as you have so many nn options, from [name]Lizzy[/name], [name]Libby[/name], [name]Elle[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Ellie[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Liza[/name], [name]Betsy[/name], [name]Bess[/name] or even [name]Birdie[/name] or Busy! And [name]Elizabeth[/name] is just one of those ultimate classic names like [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Jane[/name] that will never go out of style. I still think [name]Elizabeth[/name] can work with a long last name if you pair it with a 1 syllable middle name like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Claire[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Rose[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]May[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Faye[/name], [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]June[/name].

My third choice would probably be [name]Charlotte[/name], which I also love but I adore the nn [name]Lottie[/name] and I’m not really fond of [name]Charlie[/name] so it would depend on that too. You have really great choices by the way! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Wow, I love every single name on your list – especially [name]Claire[/name] & [name]Charlotte[/name]! With a 10-letter surname (which is presumably two or more syllables long), I would probably pass up [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], and [name]Elizabeth[/name]. My maiden name was ten letters long, and a six-letter first name was more than enough. It was often hard or impossible to squeeze my name into the allotted space on forms, and one or two letters less would have helped.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Claire[/name] most of all, and secondly, [name]Julia[/name].

All of these names are great! I voted for [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] (both of which I love), but you really can’t go wrong.

I voted [name]Caroline[/name] and my fave combo is [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] so if you like [name]Ava[/name] and don’t mind popularity then this combo would work, my second choice is [name]Julia[/name].

All the names on your list are lovely. At the moment, my favorite is [name]Caroline[/name]. I love the nn [name]Callie[/name].

I voted for [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Charlotte[/name]-A truly beautiful name. I love the sound of it and how it looks on paper. You may already have a middle name, but I think that [name]Michelle[/name] might be a great middle name for this name if you don’t already have a middle name.

[name]Elizabeth[/name]- Another option is [name]Elisabeth[/name], but I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name]. I just love this name so much. It used to be my all time favourite name until it changed. It is still a lovely favourite of mine, though…

I voted for [name]Claire[/name] but I have to say that I like all of them, especially [name]Anna[/name], [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Claire[/name]; the other ones are pretty too, but probably quite long to your long last name…

)

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is AMAZING!!

[name]Both[/name] [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] and [name]Julia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] are lovely! I’m going to vote for [name]Julia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] because I prefer the first name [name]Julia[/name] to [name]Anna[/name] ([name]Anna[/name] just seems a little boring to me) but I think [name]Julia[/name] could use a more unusual middle name. I really like [name]Julia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]… either way, [name]Julia[/name] is a great name!

I vote for [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]!! I love love the name [name]Anna[/name] (and it was one of my original choices on your poll!) and the nn [name]Annie[/name] is even sweeter. [name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] flows really well too. I think it’s beautiful, but in all honesty so is [name]Julia[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

Maybe you should do another poll with just your final two combo choices if you’re really stuck on which to pick?!