Poll: Phoebe or Beatrice?

Which do you prefer - [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] or [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]? We are smitten with the nickname “[name_f]Bee[/name_f]” but can’t decide how to get there. What are your connotations with each name?

• Phoebe
  • Beatrice

0 voters

1 Like

This is so hard, I love both! I honestly can’t decide but I put [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] this time

1 Like

If the choice was out of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], I’d choose the latter hands down. But I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] in this case.

Phoebe has a fun, down to earth vibe to me; it’s relaxed and a tad quirky. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is slightly clunky to me; somehow the ‘x’ in [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] eliminates that and makes it a combination of antique and contemporary.

2 Likes

Phoebe is my favourite name, so I had to pick her! I would have [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] on my list - so unfortunate they share the -bee- sound :disappointed:

1 Like

Bee is an amazing nickname! I love it! I prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] over [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], mainly because I know lots of Phoebes which takes away the magic of the name for me. I also think of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] from FRIENDS, which is no bad association by any means. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] just sparkles more for me all in all. Other ways to get nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f]:

Shelby
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Bea[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
Or any name beginning with B works I think.

Deborah and [name_f]Melissa[/name_f] mean bee so could be a way for nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f], although they are a little dated for a baby. You could always use [name_f]Bee[/name_f] as a middle name e.g. [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Bee[/name_f] nn [name_f]Bee[/name_f].

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I went with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]. I have an aunt [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], so it still seems on the older side to me.

this was tough! I adore both names but voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] only because it’s more my style. I will say that [name_f]Bea[/name_f] seems more intuitive as a nickname for [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] as opposed to [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], but I can’t really explain why. Hmmm… definitely a tie on this one

Both are gorgeous, but I slightly prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]!

Phoebe is so cute!

2 Likes

I much prefer [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], especially to get the nickname [name_f]Bee[/name_f]. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]’s quite popular where I live but I only know one [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] so it seems a little fresher to me :slight_smile:

I love both, but prefer [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f].

2 Likes

Both are beautiful. I voted [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], because the first syllable nickname feels more intuitive to me. Also, I’d be more likely to use [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] myself because two friends have recently used [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] for their little ones.
But both are great—can’t go wrong!