See the results of this poll: Pivk ur fav

Respondents: 53 (This poll is closed)

• Katherine: 23 (43%)
  • Kathryn: 5 (9%)
  • Catherine: 24 (45%)
  • Cathryn: 1 (2%)
  • Kathrin: 0 (0%)
  • Cathrin: 0 (0%)

I voted for [name]Catherine[/name], but I think I actually prefer [name]Katharine[/name] or [name]Catharine[/name], real versions which were not in the poll.

I like [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Catherine[/name], as non-traditional spellings irk me. I picked [name]Katherine[/name], because I think that [name]Kitty[/name] is a lovely nn, and it makes more sense for [name]Katherine[/name].

My favourite spelling is [name]Katharine[/name] which is not listed so I voted for [name]Katherine[/name]. I also like [name]Catherine[/name].

I picked [name]Catherine[/name] as I generally prefer C spellings over K spellings because they look softer, less harsh.

I chose [name]Katherine[/name], but I also like [name]Kathryn[/name].

I have an aunt who spells hers [name]Catherine[/name], but the C spelling reminds me of a catheter. JMHO.

I voted for [name]Catherine[/name] because I love it at the moment, but [name]Katherine[/name] is equally as good. I quite dislike all the other spellings.

I picked [name]Katherine[/name] - I prefer [name]Kate[/name] to [name]Cate[/name] - otherwise I think [name]Catherine[/name] is good too. K/[name]Cathryn[/name] seems a bit wrong to me, i’m not sure if this is because it is a more modern spelling and it therefore cheapens what is a beautiful, elegant name.

[name]Just[/name] as a full name, I prefer [name]Catherine[/name]. However, if you’re going to use [name]Kate[/name], then go with [name]Katherine[/name] (I much prefer [name]Kate[/name] to [name]Cate[/name]).

I went with [name]Kathryn[/name] as that is my mum’s name. I suppose if you want ease - it would be [name]Catherine[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] as they are the more popular spelling and would be resolved with her saying its ‘[name]Catherine[/name] with a C’ for example.

Definitely [name]Catherine[/name], as this is the way we spelled our daughter’s middle name - very classy and feminine.

I think I like [name]Catherine[/name] with a C sometimes, but I ended up picking it with a K, [name]Katherine[/name]. I think because most of the variants I like take the K, not just my name, but I think K makes the Kah sound, it translates into other languages that way, C in [name]Catherine[/name] is unambiguously Kah also, not Sih or Chuh, but most of the languages I like to see variations of [name]Katherine[/name] use the K, so I like to see it, and origins from Greek do not use a C but a K also. I consider this as definitive as anything, although there is a perception that names starting with a C get changed to a K more often, this seems to be the opposite for [name]Katherine[/name].

My favorite way to spell the name is [name]Katharine[/name], like [name]Katharine[/name] Hepburn! :slight_smile:

Fun poll!!!

I chose [name]Katherine[/name], as that’s my name! I think it’s just the most legitimate way to spell it (though [name]Catherine[/name] is fine as well but doesn’t lead to most of the great nicknames quite as easily, like [name]Kate[/name] or [name]Kitty[/name]); some of the options–such as Cathrin–looked very incomplete.

[name]Katherine[/name] is awesome!