Poll please

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] VS [name_f]Elara[/name_f]

(Also the feelings when you heard the name)

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - sweet and a little old fashioned. [name_u]Love[/name_u] it.
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - not a fan.

1 Like

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] all the way!

2 Likes

[name_f]Nell[/name_f]- love
[name_f]Elara[/name_f]- dislike

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] is one of my favorite names! Itā€™s sweet and strong, simple but full of personality, and familiar but a little bit surprising. [name_f]Elara[/name_f] is really pretty tooā€“it feels almost a bit ethereal to meā€“but [name_f]Nell[/name_f] definitely gets my vote!

2 Likes

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] 100%! I love its sweetness and simplicity. [name_f]Elara[/name_f] just doesnā€™t really do it for me, but I like it for others.

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - kinda old-fashioned and sweet
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - gives me ā€œsassierā€ vibes but still super cute

my vote has to be for Elara!!

1 Like

[name_f]Elara[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] but not a fan on its own.

2 Likes

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] 100%! Itā€™s sweet, stylish and a perfect little package.

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] doesnā€™t do much for me. There are a lot of similar sounding vowelly names in popular use at the moment, I much prefer the distinctiveness and compactness of [name_f]Nell[/name_f].

1 Like

These are two of my favourites. [name_f]Nell[/name_f] feels warmer and sweeter, [name_f]Elara[/name_f] has more elegance and flair

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - something sounds off with [name_f]Elara[/name_f] to me

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Elara[/name_f] personally!

1 Like

Definetely [name_f]Elara[/name_f]! so gorgeous.

1 Like

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] is definitely my vote!

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - very sunshiney and sweet (love!)

[name_f]Elara[/name_f]- itā€™s okay, I kind of think of music when I hear the name

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] feels calm and warm! I like it :heart:

Elaraā€™s slightly mysterious feel is appealing, too.

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f]!
I donā€™t mind [name_f]Elara[/name_f] though, just feel like it would blend in and get confused with so many similar names

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard [name_f]Elara[/name_f] before! It looks pretty, but I think it might be confusing for people to spell. [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is classic and sweet.

1 Like

Nell!

1 Like

Personally not a massive fan of either these two.

For me I donā€™t like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a full name. I do however love [name_f]Nella[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Arianell[/name_f], [name_f]Petronella[/name_f] and Perenelle, or [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a shortening for [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. For me my first association of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is [name_f]Nell[/name_f] (Eleanor) [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] (actress and main mistress of [name_m]Charles[/name_m] II of GB) so my first association is of infidelity (sorry). But [name_f]Nell[/name_f] also gives me Welsh cottage vibes, and makes me think of cats. I think I had a book about a cat called [name_f]Nell[/name_f] when I was younger.

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - I have become more used to the name Elara/Alara in the Turkish communities I work with, but Iā€™m not a big fan of names with that ā€˜arā€™ sound - [name_f]Mara[/name_f], [name_f]Lara[/name_f], [name_f]Lana[/name_f] etc. I just donā€™t like the sound, but I think thatā€™s partly because I associate it with a ā€˜mean girl groupā€™ in school vibe. :grimacing:

Overall I prefer [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. If you love them theyā€™re both great for you, just not for me :slight_smile:

1 Like