Poll please

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] for me! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Personally not a massive fan of either these two.

For me I don’t like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a full name. I do however love [name_f]Nella[/name_f], [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Arianell[/name_f], [name_f]Petronella[/name_f] and Perenelle, or [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a shortening for [name_f]Elinor[/name_f] or [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. For me my first association of [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is [name_f]Nell[/name_f] (Eleanor) [name_u]Gwyn[/name_u] (actress and main mistress of [name_m]Charles[/name_m] II of GB) so my first association is of infidelity (sorry). But [name_f]Nell[/name_f] also gives me Welsh cottage vibes, and makes me think of cats. I think I had a book about a cat called [name_f]Nell[/name_f] when I was younger.

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - I have become more used to the name Elara/Alara in the Turkish communities I work with, but I’m not a big fan of names with that ‘ar’ sound - [name_f]Mara[/name_f], [name_f]Lara[/name_f], [name_f]Lana[/name_f] etc. I just don’t like the sound, but I think that’s partly because I associate it with a ‘mean girl group’ in school vibe. :grimacing:

Overall I prefer [name_f]Nell[/name_f]. If you love them they’re both great for you, just not for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] :heart: So sweet and vintage.

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] 1000%!!!

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Nell[/name_f] to death and all its diminutives! [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Nella[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Helene[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f], [name_f]Eleni[/name_f], etc every name that takes you to [name_f]Nell[/name_f] is so beautiful and would work well on a little girl and a grown woman

1 Like

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] - American girl doll. Old fashioned. [name_u]Unique[/name_u].
[name_f]Elara[/name_f] - flowers. Feminine. Modern.

I like [name_f]Elara[/name_f] more!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Nell[/name_f] and I dislike names like [name_f]Elara[/name_f] which seem to be proliferating,

[name_f]Nell[/name_f] is strong and intelligent and appealing.

[name_f]Elara[/name_f] sounds to me more like the name of a [name_u]Lexus[/name_u]. Sorry!

1 Like