Poll, Poll, Poll!

See the results of this poll: Which goes better with Dougal, Nicholas and Kit?

Respondents: 66 (This poll is closed)

• Laurence family name Edmund : 33 (50%)
  • Antony family nameEdmund : 15 (23%)
  • Anthony family name Edmund : 15 (23%)
  • None! (please don’t choose this one…): 3 (5%)

[name_u]Laurence[/name_u] (family name) [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] would be my choice. Though I think [name_m]Antony[/name_m] works as well.

I like [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] the best too. [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] would be ok. [name_m]Antony[/name_m] seems a little surprising next to the very British/Scottish feel over you other names.

@pacifica - Thank you so much, I think that [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] __ [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] and [name_m]Antony[/name_m] __ [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] are my favourites. [name_m]Anthony[/name_m]…I’m not sure. But thank you, it’s so difficult to decide!

@kerrycl - Thank you, it seems [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] is winning by quite a big margin!

Are there any nickname ideas that go with [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_u]Nico[/name_u] and [name_u]Kit[/name_u]? (Not [name_m]Larry[/name_m]. A tad too far.) [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] maybe? Is it too ‘young sounding’ to last all his life?

I like [name_m]Antony[/name_m] very much with [name_m]Dougal[/name_m], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], and [name_u]Kit[/name_u]! It has that historical and European quirk to it that your top three seem to have. And [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is very handsome with it. I do like [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] for [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]–I also really like [name_m]Law[/name_m], which I heard a long time ago. [name_f]Wren[/name_f]/[name_u]Ren[/name_u] could work, too. I still like [name_m]Antony[/name_m] best, though! :slight_smile:

@ashthedreamer - Thank you! (I feel a bit bad actually, as I think I have decided to add [name_m]Antony[/name_m] ___ [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] to the list, and it’s actually the one which least people have gone for; I seem to do that quite a lot with my polls, and it feels rude to the people voting! [name_m]Law[/name_m] is very suave, and [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] and [name_u]Ren[/name_u] (aww!) are so sweet. I can only think of Ant for [name_m]Antony[/name_m] (not [name_u]Tony[/name_u], never [name_u]Tony[/name_u], ever, it’s just one of those names I hate, which is not useful when it’s associated with one I love…!) Thank you so much :slight_smile:

I’m confused… the family name thing in the poll, is that to signify that there would be an additional family name in between the first and middle name of [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]? Or is that just to indicate that the name is a family name—and if so, which one, the first or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]? Is [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] actually the last name?

I love [name_m]Antony[/name_m]! Always wondered who (historically) screwed it up w/an extra ‘h’.

@littlemrsb - Oh, I’m so sorry, I made it in a rush and it’s very complicated now I look back on it! Sorry, there would be a family middle name between the first name and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] (which isn’t the last name, just the second middle). Thanks for pointing it out, I hope that this has cleared it up!

@rkrd - I know, it seems so much cleaner than [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] somehow, doesn’t it? Thank you!