Poll: Popular vs. Not As Popular

See the results of this poll: Which would you choose?

Respondents: 77 (This poll is closed)

• Bella Alice : 9 (12%)
  • Fiona Alice: 68 (88%)

I love [name]Fiona[/name]! She’s one of my favourite names and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is a great combo. If you both love [name]Bella[/name], then you shouldn’t let her popularity bother you, go with what you love. Does [name]Alice[/name] have a personal significance to you? If not I would comprimise and use either [name]Fiona[/name] or [name]Bella[/name] (or [name]Belle[/name]) as a middle name. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Belle[/name] is lovely.

Best of luck naming your new daughter!

Thank you so much for that! [name]Alice[/name] is my grandmother’s name so we would definitely keep that :slight_smile:

Sunset

I’m obviously in the minority, but I absolutely love [name]Bella[/name]! My favorite girls’ name, as you can see in my signature, I’m sure, is [name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Aurora[/name] [name]Grace[/name], nn [name]Bella[/name]/[name]Belle[/name]. Yes, it’s popular, but it’s also beautiful and I love it.

My one concern is how well [name]Bella[/name] will age–I mean, sure, it’s adorable right now but I’m trying to imagine a grown-up [name]Bella[/name] or a grandma [name]Bella[/name], and I have troubles doing so, which is why I like the fuller [name]Isabelle[/name], nn [name]Bella[/name]. If you don’t like [name]Isabelle[/name], there are tons of other options–[name]Arabella[/name], [name]Mirabelle[/name]/[name]Mirabella[/name], [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name]/[name]Annabella[/name], Elisabella, [name]Bellamy[/name], [name]Bellatrix[/name], etc. I’ve even heard more out-there options like Adorabella, Carabella, Miabella, etc. Have you considered any of those? I think [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Alice[/name] would be just adorable, and you could still use the nn [name]Bella[/name] for it.

If you wanted to keep both I think something like [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Belle[/name] or [name]Bella[/name] [name]Alice[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]/[name]Bella[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name]/[name]Belle[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name] would be really pretty.

What about [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Belle[/name]? I think this combination is amazing!!

I like [name]Fiona[/name] a whole lot and you certainly don’t hear it much. I will say I hear far more [name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Isabelle[/name] then I do [name]Bella[/name], but I still think that [name]Bella[/name] is very overdone.

** [name]Just[/name] saw that [name]Alice[/name] is a family name, I’d still vote [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. Maybe if you have a future girl, [name]Belle[/name] or [name]Bella[/name] could work wonderfully as a sibset too.

[name]Fiona[/name] reminds me too much of Shrek and I don’t think it has the spunk [name]Bella[/name] has [name]IMO[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Bella[/name]!

I voted for [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. I like its flow better with the differing amount of syllables. Also, not only is [name]Bella[/name] popular, but so many popular names have [name]Bella[/name] as a nickname. I do like [name]Bella[/name] (I’m the mother of an [name]Annabel[/name], whom we call [name]Belle[/name] quite a bit), but I can’t recommend [name]Bella[/name] on its own. A dear friend named her daughter [name]Isabella[/name] with the nickname of [name]Bella[/name], and, when we talk, it does get confusing with [name]Bella[/name] and [name]Belle[/name]. We have [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] to fall back on, though.

Sorry, the popularity of [name]Bella[/name] completely turns me off - I know so many of them already, and I think [name]Fiona[/name] is more special. She would probably be the only [name]Fiona[/name] in her classes, but guaranteed she’ll meet many Bellas her own age. The connection to Shrek doesn’t bother me at all.

I love [name]Fiona[/name]! And I think [name]Bella[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is a little Twilight heavy. All beautiful names though! Good luck.

Switch it around to [name]Alice[/name] [name]Fiona[/name] and you have a perfect name! [name]Bella[/name] is just too popular.

I love that [name]Alice[/name] honors your grandmother! [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Bella[/name] [name]Alice[/name] are both beautiful and you really can’t go wrong. As for the Twilight connection, I am one of the few people who have never seen the movies or read the books, so that doesn’t bother me. Still, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is a winner for me.

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is very pretty! :slight_smile:

[name]Bella[/name]. Yeah it’s too popular but I can’t stand [name]Fiona[/name].

TBH I really don’t like [name]Bella[/name]. There are [name]WAY[/name] too many Bellas, Ellas, Elles and Belles out there for me. It’s overdone [name]IMO[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t want to rip on a name you love, but that’s how I feel about it.

[name]Fiona[/name] is a wonderful name! I think it’s cute and spunky but still ages well (unlike [name]Bella[/name] [name]IMO[/name]). I do think of the character from Shrek but then again I don’t think it’s a bad association. It’s a good movie and she’s a pretty great character :slight_smile:

[name]Fiona[/name] for SURE! I don’t care for [name]Bella[/name] at all and it doesn’t excite me. I think [name]Fiona[/name] is fanstasic so this was a no-brainer vote :wink: [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name] is stunning.

I prefer [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name], simply because [name]Bella[/name] is extremely popular and too nicknamey for my tastes.

I chose [name]Fiona[/name], only because I know 1,358,392 Bellas right now.

I don’t like the combo because it the first name ends in an A and the second name starts with an A, it is a bit of a mouthful

I think a three name combo may be better eg [name]Belle[/name] [name]Maree[/name] [name]Alice[/name] or [name]Alice[/name] [name]Belle[/name] [name]Maree[/name] I like [name]Belle[/name] way more than [name]Bella[/name] which is imo much less chic and pretty.

Combo for [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

I prefer [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name]. [name]Bella[/name] doesn’t age very well and is sure to become very popular.
[name]Fiona[/name] is spunky and sweet and perfect with [name]Alice[/name]!
I also agree with the PP who mentioned switching it around to be [name]Alice[/name] [name]Fiona[/name]. That would make a great alternative if you are bothered by the Shrek image. In a couple of years, no one is really going to remember Shrek, anyways!
I’d say go for [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Alice[/name].