Poll: Susanna(h)

It’s a name I am really loving right now but can’t decide how to spell… :thinking:

• [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]

0 voters

Which spelling did you vote for and why?

TIA!

I love [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]! I don’t know why but without the “h” it looks a bit incomplete to me?

2 Likes

I voted for [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]! I think the [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] spelling is more intuitive, but I also believe the “h” is not necessary. However, would people pronounce [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] and [name_f] Susannah[/name_f] differently, just like it happens with [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]?

1 Like

I don’t know what one to vote for! [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] looks older and more southern. [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] looks a little more polished, but maybe lacks some of the charm? I don’t know :rofl:

1 Like

[quote=“[name_f]Estrela[/name_f], post:3, topic:340094”]
would people pronounce Susanna differently like it happens with Anna and Hannah?
[/quote]

You know, I hadn’t considered this, but that’s a good point. I pronounce them the same, but I could see some thinking [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] = sus-ah-nuh instead of sus-ann-uh. (I think that’s what you meant.) Definitely something to consider. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The “H” changes it so much–into a rich and earthy kind of name!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what I meant. :blush: Thank you for your answer! I have a hard time explaining pronunciations because [name_f]English[/name_f] is not my first language, but I’m glad that I helped you.
[name_f]Susanna[/name_f] is very similar to [name_f]Susana[/name_f] (the traditional spelling where I live) that’s why I thought about the different pronunciation.
It is a beautiful name!

1 Like

Susannah looks most complete to me

1 Like

Both are lovely, but [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] just looks right to me. I’d pronounce them both the same.

1 Like

I definitely prefer [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. It just looks more beautiful, in my opinion. I also really like the nickname [name_f]Sanna[/name_f]!

1 Like

Susannah all the way super summery sounding and elegant

1 Like

Both are nice, but [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is my mother’s name so I have a bias toward it - [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] just looks slightly off to me, incomplete as some have said.

1 Like

It looks incomplete without the h on the end. I love how visually balanced [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is, with tall letters on the ends and short in the middle. It looks so much more appealing to me.

1 Like

Yes. That I can totally see!

1 Like

[name_f]Adore[/name_f] it with the -h! :heart:

:point_up: [name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts exactly too.

Although, if you want a reason to fall in love with [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], that spelling was the one used by [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] for his eldest daughter.

2 Likes

Oh, interesting! I’m not sure if I knew that, but I do like that association! I always preferred [name_f]Susanna[/name_f], actually, but I only ever see [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] on NB and I do see its appeal. Either way, the name is lovely, but it’s very interesting to see what the general opinion is regarding the spelling.

Still not sure which I prefer at this point… Everyone keeps bringing up such good points.

My mom is Sus@na so I guess anything other than [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] has always just reminded me of a “mom” name? Dated might be the word I’m looking for, but I think [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] looks sweet and fresh.

1 Like

Definitely [name_f]Susannah[/name_f]! It feels a lot more complete than [name_f]Susanna[/name_f]. Like someone else mentioned, the h balances out the S. It has a newer, fresher look than [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] does :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely [name_f]Susannah[/name_f], it looks much more complete.

Though, my favorite spelling is actually [name_f]Suzannah[/name_f] for personal reasons :wink:

1 Like

I actually like them both! [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] is more classic and biblical while [name_f]Susanna[/name_f] seems more sleek and modern. I voted for [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] just because I think that’s how most people would instinctively spell it, but both variants are great IMO!

1 Like