Poll to decide between Lorelei and Wilhelmina

• Wilhelmina
  • Lorelei

0 voters

Her brother’s name is [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u], and I named him. These are the names her dad has thought of, and I think it’s fair and wonderful that he will name her.

1 Like

I love both names but I like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] better with [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u] :blush:

2 Likes

Lorelei!!! I think it would sound lovely with [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u].

3 Likes

Lorelei is my favorite :heart: It’s so darling!

2 Likes

Hi there.

I like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]. It’s pretty. [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], however, just seems more special. It’s more old fashioned & unexpected, which I think goes perfectly w/Chauncey. Lots of great nns too: [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] or [name_f]Mina[/name_f].

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tough pick, I think they both go well with [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u]. Ultimately [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] wins for me … A little more unexpected and has great nickname options (my favourite is [name_f]Willa[/name_f]).

1 Like

Lorelei is one of my all-time favorites!
Both names sound good with [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u], though. You won’t go wrong!

1 Like

To me, [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] suits [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u] more so. They both feel old fashioned and quirky and as someone has already said, [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] has some great nickname options. I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_u]Billie[/name_u].

2 Likes

Wilhelmina is my favorite girls name ever :heart:
It has so many nickname options: [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Mina[/name_f], [name_f]Winnie[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Wilma[/name_f], etc.
The meaning of resolute protection is also amazing.

I like [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] too though and the [name_m]Gilmore[/name_m] Girls association is so sweet.

1 Like

Both are nice with [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u] but I personally prefer [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] with the nn [name_f]Willa[/name_f] :heart_eyes:

I think [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] fits better with [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u], which feels like an old school, distinguished sort of name to me. [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] is cool but definitely has a slightly different vibe to me. I agree that the nickname [name_f]Willa[/name_f] for [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] would be lovely and a great fit :two_hearts: