POLL: Top Choices for Fiona's bro/sis

See the results of this poll: Choose your favorite boy and girl name for baby Carmichael

Respondents: 78 (This poll is closed)

• Jasper Angus: 15 (19%)
  • Donovan Angus: 7 (9%)
  • Rory Angus: 13 (17%)
  • Ewan Angus: 8 (10%)
  • Eilidh Suzannah: 8 (10%)
  • Lucia Suzannah (nn Lucy): 23 (29%)
  • Kirsten Suzannah: 4 (5%)

[name]Fiona[/name] is one of my favorite names! I voted for [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name]; I think those two are absolutely perfect!

I voted for [name]Rory[/name] [name]Angus[/name] and [name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Suzannah[/name], although I like [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Suzannah[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Angus[/name] a lot too. I think these are great siblings for [name]Fiona[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Roma[/name]!

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful, as I said before!

My favorite for a boy is probably [name]Donovan[/name] off this list, but for some reason, [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Angus[/name] doesn’t sound “right” flow-wise. If you are willing to save [name]Angus[/name] for a future boy, I’d try [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Jasper[/name] this go round…

For a girl, my favorite name is definitely [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Susannah[/name], but [name]Lucia[/name] feels so different, origin-wise, that I’m having a harder time latching onto it. I’d suggest [name]Lorna[/name], [name]Lilia[/name], or [name]Laurel[/name] instead, if you are still open to suggestions. [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Laurel[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] pair in an interesting, pretty way in my opinion, giving you plenty of options for future siblings.

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Hello [name]Roma[/name]!
It’s been awhile since I’ve gotten a chance to come on here, and I’m so glad to see you’ve been able to narrow your choices!

As usual I just love all the names you have, but I voted for [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name]!
You know that [name]Lucia[/name] is by far and away my favorite of your girl names! And [name]Ewan[/name] and [name]Donovan[/name] were tied for a very close second to [name]Jasper[/name].
I find it nearly impossible to pick between your boy name selections! The only one that doesn’t sit right with me is [name]Rory[/name]. I think it’s a darling name, but it seems less substantial than your other choices.

I can’t remember if you are going to find out this baby’s gender or not?
Regardless, good luck to you! I can’t wait to hear what name you decide on! :slight_smile:

I voted for [name]Donovan[/name] but I liked all of the boy choices. For girls, I had a hard time choosing. I voted for [name]Lucia[/name] but I think that [name]Lucy[/name] alone goes better with [name]Fiona[/name] than [name]Lucia[/name] does. I love the sound of [name]Eilidh[/name] but wonder if you’re limiting future sibling options. I didn’t really consider [name]Kirsten[/name] too much but as I’m writing this, I think I should have thought of it more. Like [name]Fiona[/name] it is familiar but not expected and has a strong but feminine sound.

Good luck!

Hello -

Thank you so much to everyone who voted and commented! Your advice helped us knock [name]Kirsten[/name] out of the running for the girls. While I will definitely keep her in my back pocket for a future baby, I feel more connected to [name]Eilidh[/name] and [name]Lucia[/name]/[name]Lucy[/name], and I’m really warming up to the idea of a daughter ending in ‘a’ and a daughter ending in ‘ee’.

Here are some pros and cons for those last two girls names, since, while in the polls [name]Lucia[/name] won by a landslide, I really really like [name]Eilidh[/name]. This is mostly to make sense of my own jumbled thoughts, so feel free to comment only if you want :slight_smile:

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Suzannah[/name]
We would most likely call her [name]Lucy[/name] most of the time, or an even mixture of the two (probably not just [name]Lucia[/name]). [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Suzannah[/name] means “lily of light”, which I think is an awesome meaning and really adds something to the name. [name]Lucia[/name] has the same number of syllables as [name]Fiona[/name], and I’m not sure if this is a pro or a con…its kind of cool, and I don’t think we’ll get stuck in a three-syllable name rut, so I think its a pro. [name]Lucia[/name] ends in ‘a’ like [name]Fiona[/name], so they won’t have their own name ending, but, if we call her [name]Lucy[/name] most of the time, this won’t seem like such a big deal. Also, since [name]Lucia[/name] is such a different style than [name]Fiona[/name], it might give us a more free range of sibling names to use in the future, but, I’m not sure how great they sound together. [name]Fiona[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name] is darling though!

[name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Suzannah[/name]
At first, I was a bit nervous about [name]Eilidh[/name] because of its spelling and unclear pronunciation, but I’ve been falling in love with it. I looked around on the internet for comments on the name [name]Eilidh[/name] and thoughts by [name]Eilidh[/name]'s, and the general consensus I got was that [name]Eilidh[/name]'s [name]LOVE[/name] their name, but definitely face spelling problems. [name]Eilidh[/name] [name]Suzannah[/name] means “radiant lily” or, according to some, “lily of light”, so similar meaning to [name]Lucia[/name] [name]Suzannah[/name]. [name]Eilidh[/name] might limit our future children’s names since it is also Scottish, but, I might love it enough to go through with it anyways…also, [name]Eilidh[/name] ends in an ‘ee’ sound, so its different than [name]Fiona[/name].

With the boys, I’m still stumped. [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Rory[/name] were very close in the poll, but I still can’t drag myself away from [name]Ewan[/name] or [name]Donovan[/name]. It looks like I might have to take a few days or even weeks to think this through. [name]Baby[/name] isn’t due quite yet, so I still have some time.

Thanks again and sorry for the length! I just needed to get my thoughts down and organized :slight_smile: Btw, Hubby’s just as stuck as I am. He loves [name]Eilidh[/name] because its another Scottish name, but he’s attached to [name]Lucy[/name]. With boys, he’s not as big a fan of [name]Ewan[/name], but my brother’s name is [name]John[/name], so he can’t ignore the fact that [name]Ewan[/name] [name]Angus[/name] would honor his father and my brother, and how meaningful that would be to us. Difficult decisions!

[name]Roma[/name]