Poll - tough call between two names !

See the results of this poll: Which name do you prefer ?

Respondents: 55 (This poll is closed)

• Eliana Jade: 30 (55%)
  • Talia Jade: 25 (45%)

Have you thought about [name]Thalia[/name]? I like [name]Eliana[/name] better than [name]Talia[/name], but I like [name]Thalia[/name] better than both of them. [name]Just[/name] a thought!

I really like [name]Eliana[/name]. I think it is so pretty, soft, and feminine. I love the way it flows. Not that [name]Talia[/name] isn’t pretty and feminine, but I think [name]Eliana[/name] is softer b/c of the T in [name]Talia[/name].

I don’t get how the nameberries can say that [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Ellie[/name] are names that are too popular and then vote [name]Eliana[/name] in over [name]Tahlia[/name].

I like [name]Tahlia[/name] much more.

Personaly I prefer [name]Eliana[/name], but they are both great names.

I voted for [name]Talia[/name]. I normally like girly names, but there’s just sometihng about [name]Eliana[/name] that seems to frilly to me.

[name]Eliana[/name] – is this a real name? I love [name]Talia[/name]. This one seems so much more real and natural to me. Go with [name]Talia[/name]!

[name]Eliana[/name] is a Hebrew name that means “sun.”

Megboo,
I voted for [name]Talia[/name], because with so many “[name]El[/name]” names being popular, I think that [name]Talia[/name] is more distictive. I think that both names are beautiful!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Talia[/name] is beautiful! [name]Eliana[/name] is fine, but sounds kind of whiny to me-- I don’t know why…

[name]Thalia[/name] is so pretty.

I really like both of them but I like [name]Eliana[/name] more. [name]Thalia[/name] is very beautiful too, maybe you’d consider that instead of [name]Talia[/name]? Also so so keen on [name]Jade[/name], personal reasons, but also it sounds not quite as classy as [name]Thalia[/name] and [name]Eliana[/name]. Are you set on that for a middle or are you open to other suggestions? [name]How[/name] about [name]Thalia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Cate[/name]?

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

I like the name [name]Talia[/name]. [name]Thalia[/name], I don’t like the h sound. [name]Eliana[/name] is cute but I just think [name]Talia[/name] is a little more unique and individual.

[name]Both[/name] are beautiful. [name]Talia[/name] means G-d’s dew, and [name]Eliana[/name] means G-d answered me. It does NOT mean “sun” in Hebrew. Not sure where nameberry got that one. [name]El[/name]=G-d. i-me. [name]Ana[/name]=answered. Shemesh is sun, but I have never heard of an Israeli with that name.

Yeah, that’s what I thought, [name]Eliana[/name] is Hewbrew for God has answered. That’s what I’ve read on other sites about this name.

Yeah, that’s what I thought, [name]Eliana[/name] is Hewbrew for God has answered. That’s what I’ve read on other sites about this name.[/quote]

Good to know! :slight_smile: You should definitely add this to the thead in the Nameberry section that deals with feedback. (I believe there’s already dedicated to wrong definitions.)

Take care! :slight_smile:

I figured it out. Well, I looked it up on another site. [name]Eliana[/name] is a Hebrew name meaning what has been discussed.

[name]Eliana[/name] is also an Italian/Spanish form of ”liane, which is from ”lius, a [name]Roman[/name] family name probably from [name]Helios[/name] - Greek for [name]SUN[/name].

So, it can mean sun, just not in Hebrew.

I love [name]Eliana[/name]… I named on of my twins [name]Eliana[/name] [name]Mary[/name].

[name]Kerri[/name]

[name]Eliana[/name] is by far my first choice. It’s one of my very favorite names!!