Poll - Twin girl names (again - eep!)

Hi Berries,

So short story is my daughter is named Scarlett Jean and we are pregnant with identical twin girls.

We want to include a name for each grandmother so Annelise and Carolyn are fixed.

We have decided that one twin will be named “Ivy Annelise”

We had narrowed our list for the other down to:
Grace Carolyn
Eloise Carolyn

But now I’m wondering if Eloise and Annelise are too similar?

I have a few others we like that I’ll poll. Would love to know your thoughts. Also, is Violet too similar to Scarlett? Will they both end up being called Lettie?

Again looking to best compliment sister Scarlett Jean and twin sister Ivy Annelise.
Would like an old hollywood vibe with some strength/sass.

• Grace Carolyn
  • Celeste Carolyn
  • Faye Carolyn
  • Eloise Carolyn
  • Violet Carolyn

0 voters

Thanks again :slight_smile:

You have some beautiful options! I love [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] together for a vintage vibe, and then [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] for a more old Hollywood vibe. Slightly prefer [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] together even though I love the name [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (it’s my name actually :grin:). I also love the flow of [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] better than [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f].

Since [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] is Ivy’s middle name, I don’t think it’s an issue that it would be close to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] as a first name. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]! It was my top pick for my little girl, but husband vetoed.

2 Likes

I do think Eloise and Annelise sound similar which is why I didn’t vote for Eloise
And altough I like Violet, I also don’t love how it also ends in a T like scarlet
So the ones I voted for are Faye and Celeste which I adore

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (Grace as the [name_u]Honor[/name_u] name for Anne). I know I keep piping in with this, but I love it sooo much!

[name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] if you want more balance. OK, I’ll stop bugging you now.

[name_f]Grace[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] are too similar.

I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] and [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] are fine together since [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f] is a middle. It’s aldo my fave of your choices. [name_f]Faye[/name_f] would be my second choice

1 Like

If [name_f]Annelise[/name_f] was her first name I definitely would say it’s too close to [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] but since it is the middle name I think it works well. I almost even like it better because it sort of ties the twins together without being too weird. I do think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would be too similar to [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], both in sound and that they’re both colors, so I definitely would not go with that option. I also like [name_f]Faye[/name_f] and [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], but if your favorite is [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], you should definitely go for it.

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] is a very pretty name! But if I’m honest, it seems a bit much along with the vintage [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and spunky [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. When I’m reading [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], I feel a sister with an “a” ending name would complete the sibling set perfectly.

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]. I love love love [name_f]Julia[/name_f] for you. [name_f]Julia[/name_f] has the sweetness and class that I can see you love in [name_f]Grace[/name_f], but has the glam that [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] carries. Also, the flow of middle name [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] is quite perfect.

[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] & [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] seem like they were made for one another. They are both stylish and sassy, yet elegant. [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] is a name that is popular but carries much history, like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. I never tire of hearing [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. Again, the flow with [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] is lovely.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]. This has the femininity of [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], yet substantial and classic. I really love that the twins would share an initial but one would have the long I sound, and the other the short i. They sound like sister names without matching. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] also has the glam you keep referencing.

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is of course the most well-known of the old Hollywood vibe. [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] gives me the exact same vibe of [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], yet also goes so well with [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. I really love the flow of [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f].

I adore [name_f]Celeste[/name_f], on its own and with [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! I like that they all feel a bit word-name-y but not too themed, if that makes sense. I will admit that I don’t love the rhythm of [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] (I would prefer [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] Carolina) but middle names usually don’t get a ton of use, so I would still go with [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] here.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is a lovely name but I do find it sounds too similar to [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] for sisters.

To me [name_f]Faye[/name_f] feels nickname-y (intellectually I know it isn’t, it just feels like an abbreviation to me) - I would prefer something like [name_u]Florence[/name_u] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] or [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] with [name_f]Faye[/name_f] as a nickname.

I like [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] too but think maybe a shorter (syllable-wise) name like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Faye[/name_f] is nice for a twin. Would you do a nickname for [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]? But [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] wouldn’t have one?

Unrelated really, but if I was having twins girls :astonished::astonished: instead of a solo girl I would absolutely be considering [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Faye[/name_f]! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband loves both these names :two_hearts: