Poll: Which boy name is most appealing?

See the results of this poll: Which name is most appealing?

Respondents: 39 (This poll is closed)

• Abram (nn. abe or bram): 26 (67%)
  • Beau: 9 (23%)
  • Beaudry (nn. beau): 0 (0%)
  • Macabe (nn. abe): 4 (10%)

[name]Abram[/name] BY FAR!
It’s a wonferful name, strong and handsome.

[name]Beau[/name] would be really hard for a real live little boy to pull off. It’s more of a soap opera name . . .

[name]Abram[/name] is my favourite, too, by far. It is a classic, but not too popular (although I do live in [name]England[/name]), and much better than the trendy feeling [name]Beau[/name] and … I can’t remember the other ones, which I think says a lot. Mc___ names seem overdone to me, at the moment, too.

Good luck!

I voted for [name]Abram[/name]! I really love that name, and think it’s very handsome.

[name]Beau[/name] feels like a nickname for me (and quite a Southern gentleman), but Beaudry felt pretty feminine to me (it reminded me of Beauty).

With Macabe, are you pronouncing it like Maccabi, as in [name]Judah[/name] Maccabi, or as a Mc name (McAbe)? I have to admit that at first glance, it looked the word “macabre” to me, which doesn’t have the best meaning.

Other sources of [name]Abe[/name] you may like:

[name]Abbott[/name]
[name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Abraham[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Abram[/name]! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

My DS is [name]Bram[/name] (short for [name]Bramwell[/name] though) and I love the name as much as when I chose it for him 8 years ago! I have only received compliments on it. It is strong, elegant, distinctive, unique but easy to spell/pronounce. Good luck!

Wow! Hard decision! I love both [name]Bram[/name] and [name]Beau[/name] as nicknames - I actually know one of each, and they are great names on both boys. [name]Both[/name] boys are around 5 years old, and I think that they will age well.

I think [name]Bram[/name] edges out [name]Beau[/name] by just a pinch, but I really don’t think you’d go wrong with either!