Poll: Which do you prefer?

See the results of this poll: Which do you prefer

Respondents: 63 (This poll is closed)

• Lena (Lee-nuh) : 44 (70%)
  • Kara (Car-uh): 19 (30%)

Tough choice! Both are beautiful and I think both age well. I slightly prefer [name_f]Kara[/name_f] though :).

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] is more girly and frilly and [name_f]Kara[/name_f] has more of a serious and mature vibe. I voted for [name_f]Lena[/name_f] because I like the ultra girly ones.

I prefer [name_f]Kara[/name_f]. I think both will age well. [name_f]Kara[/name_f] has the most straightforward pronunciation as [name_f]Lena[/name_f] can be pronounced in 3 different ways. The [name_f]Lena[/name_f] in the UK royal family is pronounced as [name_m]Lay[/name_m]-na.

I agree that both will age well. [name_f]Lena[/name_f] is my personal preference :slight_smile: xx

Much prefer [name_f]Kara[/name_f], though that might just be because I can’t think of [name_f]Lena[/name_f] without thinking of [name_f]Lena[/name_f] [name_m]Dunham[/name_m] which likely woukdn’t be a problem for a little one reciev9ng the name now.

Fir the sake I’d fairness [name_f]Kara[/name_f] also reminds me of someone, Super Girl! (Which is a much more positive association lol.)

Both names remind me of Supergirl, since [name_f]Kara[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] are the main characters! [name_u]Love[/name_u] that show.

I really like both names. [name_f]Kara[/name_f] sometimes makes me think of cars, whereas [name_f]Lena[/name_f] has a more versatile sound. I think both would age equally well. [name_f]Lena[/name_f] may be pronounced as “lennuh” sometimes (I know someone named [name_f]Elena[/name_f] who goes by [name_f]Lena[/name_f] pronounced “lennuh”). But [name_f]Kara[/name_f] would probably get pronounced as “care-uh” sometimes also. Both names lend themselves to possible mispronunciations, but that’s hard to avoid in general I think. Ultimately I think you should just use the name you personally like best. Both are pretty equal in my mind. When I started writing this comment I thought I preferred [name_f]Lena[/name_f], but now I’m thinking I prefer [name_f]Kara[/name_f]. It’s so hard to choose! I think you can’t go wrong either way :).

(Other possibilities: [name_f]Kiara[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Liana[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f].)

I voted for [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. I think in the US mispronunciation would be rare, in Europe it would be [name_m]Lay[/name_m]-na, but I think that’s pretty too.

I’ve known [name_f]Karas[/name_f] who pronounces it as both Care-uh and Car-uh, and honestly it’s a little hard for me to remember the correct pronunciation for each [name_f]Kara[/name_f]—though instinctively I go for Car-a.

I think both are beautiful names at every age, and either would make a great name. I also just wanted to suggest [name_f]Kira[/name_f] and [name_f]Lana[/name_f], as kind of mash-up alternatives to these two (and also lovely names and with clear pronunciation, in my opinion!).

They are both lovely but I prefer [name_f]Lena[/name_f].

I’m having a tough time choosing!! I’m glad you think they both age well, I was starting to think [name_f]Kara[/name_f] wouldnt. Thank you!

I really love [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Lana[/name_f]!

I think both are lovely, but I prefer [name_f]Lena[/name_f]!

That’s so funny!! I feel exactly the opposite. [name_f]Lena[/name_f] seems strong and mature to me while [name_f]Kara[/name_f] seems girly. Thank you!

Both age well. Both will be misprounced from time to time but where I live I think your pronunciation is the most common. I don’t think either has the pronunciation advantage over the other. I like the sound of [name_f]Lena[/name_f] best. Good luck.

Wow! I’m shocked again! I would have said that [name_f]Lena[/name_f] has the most straightforward pronunciation and that [name_f]Kara[/name_f] would be pronounced Care-uh. I have heard both lay-nuh and len-nuh but in [name_u]America[/name_u] I think [name_f]Lena[/name_f] would be pretty easy. Thanks so much for the input!

I prefer [name_f]Lena[/name_f], though I would automatically say it as lay-na (I’m in US).