Poll: Which of these M names do you like?

See the results of this poll: How many of these M names do you like?

Respondents: 53 (This poll is closed)

• Mariposa : 15 (11%)
  • Maple : 19 (15%)
  • Marilla : 14 (11%)
  • Maryellen : 4 (3%)
  • Madeira : 3 (2%)
  • Magdalen : 31 (24%)
  • Mignon : 3 (2%)
  • Mildred : 8 (6%)
  • Maud : 19 (15%)
  • Madelief: 15 (11%)

[name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] - one of my favorites!
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] - gets my vote too, although it’s [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] that I really love.
[name_f]Madelief[/name_f] - so pretty and unexpected, lovely meaning

These are three of my very favorites too. :slight_smile:

They all sound delicate yet strong. I like [name_f]Posey[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f], [name_f]Meg[/name_f] and [name_f]Lena[/name_f] for [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f], and [name_u]Leaf[/name_u] or [name_f]Leafy[/name_f] for [name_f]Madelief[/name_f].

The only thing I dislike about them is the [name_f]Mari[/name_f], [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] tendencies of nicknames.

I love [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]!

[name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f], [name_f]Maud[/name_f] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f]!
[name_f]Maple[/name_f] is really sweet haha. And I think it can be used as a first name just fine!
[name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] is wonderful, has a completely different feel from [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] (which I also like)
I like [name_f]Maud[/name_f] but only as a middle name
[name_f]Madelief[/name_f]: I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] this one, it’s on my own list! The meaning is lovely and it’s too different to be confused with [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] <3

I like [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] the most. It’s a lovely Dutch choice. [name_f]Maud[/name_f], [name_f]Marilla[/name_f] and [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] are also quite nice.

[name_f]Mignon[/name_f] sounds quite funny to me as a person’s name. It’s the [name_m]French[/name_m] word for “cute” (masculine).

[name_f]Maple[/name_f] is so sweet. I love it!

I love that some other berries love [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] too. I would love to meet one, but alas, women of my generation and even the 15-18 year olds I teach have such boring names where I live.

Here’s to many young Madeliefs (but not too many!)

[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

I voted for [name_f]Magdalen[/name_f] <3 I also love nn Maggie :slight_smile:

I realized belatedly that [name_f]Mignon[/name_f] would sound or look too much like minions from the movie to make it big.

I think of vintage mystery writer, [name_f]Mignon[/name_f] [name_m]Eberhardt[/name_m], and mignonette, the flower, so I like it.