Poll: Which one for a boy?

Hello Berries,

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer Cézanne or [name_u]Zola[/name_u] for a boy? Would Cézanne sound too [name_u]French[/name_u] or be too out there? Too difficult to pronounce maybe?

[name_m]Paul[/name_m] Cézanne was a [name_u]French[/name_u] painter
Émile [name_u]Zola[/name_u] was a [name_u]French[/name_u] novelist

• Cézanne
  • [name_u]Zola[/name_u]

0 voters

Thank you :slight_smile:

I like both, but [name_u]Zola[/name_u] for a boy is so cool! I really love boys’ names that end in -a, and [name_u]Zola[/name_u] feels seamlessly international, too.

[name_u]Matisse[/name_u] is another painter name I really like for a boy :woman_artist:

1 Like

I like both! I think either could fit well in multiple contexts provided you understand the accompanying drawbacks. But I voted for [name_u]Zola[/name_u] as it feels very fresh for a boy!

[name_u]Zola[/name_u] is amazing! I love it

Both of these throw me for a bit of a loop given -a endings are usually feminine, and the -anne makes me think of [name_u]Anne[/name_u] (also feminine). However, I do prefer Cezanne, as [name_u]Zola[/name_u] is 100% a girl’s name to my ears. I also like the soft, warm vibe of Cezanne… it makes me think of hugs and a warm fireplace on a cold day (I’m not sure why).

1 Like

I voted for [name_u]Zola[/name_u], but to be honest, I would assume girl for both of these. [name_u]Zola[/name_u] makes me think of the athlete [name_u]Zola[/name_u] [name_m]Budd[/name_m] (who is a woman), and Cézanne would sound very close to [name_f]Suzanne[/name_f] in my accent.

1 Like

This may be a very niche association, but for [name_u]Zola[/name_u], my mind immediately goes to Arnim [name_u]Zola[/name_u], who’s a fictional Nazi scientist in the [name_m]Captain[/name_m] [name_u]America[/name_u] movies. It’s a cool name and I’m sure that there are very few people who would make the same association, but for that reason, I voted Cezanne.

[name_u]Zola[/name_u] makes me think about the [name_u]Grey[/name_u]’s Anatomy character [name_u]Zola[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] (girl). I’ve never thought about the name [name_u]Zola[/name_u] for a girl. It is strong enough for a boy, but I prefer [name_u]Zola[/name_u] for a girl.
That being said, I would go with Cézanne.

[name_u]Zola[/name_u] reminds me of the girl from [name_u]Grey[/name_u]’s Anatomy but it sounds uber cool on a boy!

1 Like

I do like the suggestion of [name_u]Matisse[/name_u]!

Such beautiful names! I actually only know these names as girl names, but I can picture them on a boy. I think I like [name_u]Zola[/name_u] best for a boy. [name_m]How[/name_m] about Cézar or Zolan?

I replied a few days ago but can’t find my answer anymore :thinking:

I do like [name_u]Matisse[/name_u] but it’s really common in [name_f]France[/name_f] (top 10 or 15) under different spellings ([name_m]Mathis[/name_m], [name_m]Mattis[/name_m], Matis, Matys, [name_m]Mathys[/name_m], Mattys).

I’m not a fan of César/Cézar or Zolan, sadly. But I do like the names Césaire or Bélisaire. However, they just seem too french for us!

Here are a few more suggestions: )

Benoit
[name_m]Mathieu[/name_m]
Clément
[name_m]Bastien[/name_m]
Gaétan
[name_m]Montague[/name_m]
[name_m]Baptiste[/name_m]

Both of these come off very feminine sounding to me so I found it hard to pick one over the other.

I think Cezanne is really nice.

I thought both were girls’ FNs

I like [name_u]Zola[/name_u]!