Poll: which one for our 4th?

Me again. Baby girl could come any day! We are down to two names now. It’ll probably ultimately come to when we see her, but which has your vote? Siblings are Liam, Eamon and Maeve. Seriously thank you for voting, this forum helps me so much!

• Blair Jane Frederick
  • Fia Jane Frederick
0 voters

I personally prefer [name_f]Fia[/name_f], but I did choose the lovely [name_u]Blair[/name_u], just because I feel as though [name_u]Liam[/name_u] and [name_f]Fia[/name_f] might be a little close in sound for siblings? I don’t know if that’s a concern for you or not! Your little girl will have a beautiful name regardless. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a good point! [name_u]Liam[/name_u] is 11 years older, so I’m not too worried about their names sounding similar

1 Like

[name_f]Fia[/name_f] goes with the sibs better IMO.

2 Likes

@Michfred Congratulations!! I think both of your choices are beautiful, but I had to go with [name_f]Fia[/name_f]! Her siblings’ names are so distinctively [name_u]Irish[/name_u], and I think [name_f]Fia[/name_f] goes really well with that. It can also easily stand alone. And I just think [name_f]Fia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is so cute!

I hope this helps!

:butterfly::white_heart:

1 Like

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is wonderful - very much like that for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it’s one of those “can’t go wrong” choices. But I chose Fia because:

• I find Fia Frederick generally easier to say than Blair Frederick (especially if you need to say those R’s - if you’re American for eg). Don’t get me wrong, not hard to say Blair Frederick, just trying to find small differences here. Not even sure this reason holds up the more I say them!
  • I like how Fia mirrors Liam in the same way Eamon and Maeve seem to. Actually, all the names overlap in some way (but now I think about it Blair also looks like Liam…lol).
  • I think you’ll generally feel better about “Fia Jane” than “Blair Jane” (though I personally find the double single syllable refreshing and cool).

Overall, they’re both pretty names - with Blair giving off more outward, resourceful, trusty and with-it vibes, and Fia a little more sweet, artsy and mercurial.

Edit: should have added, one reason for Fia is that it’s an easier name for a newborn and young girl but definitely ignore that factor - much more important to give a name that will last well into adulthood! Both these will but I wouldn’t want Blair to fall into the “can’t see it on a newborn” trap!

Good luck! :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] an idea, if you decide to go with [name_u]Blair[/name_u]: [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Fia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] would be abolutely lovely and you would get to use both your favourite names.

Oh I adore [name_f]Fia[/name_f]! [name_u]Blair[/name_u] works ok, has the same understated Gaelic feeling as [name_u]Liam[/name_u], [name_m]Eamon[/name_m], and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but [name_f]Fia[/name_f] is perfect with your kiddos, I love her! She’s so fiery and beautiful. And if [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is your surname… I love the alliteration of [name_f]Fia[/name_f] [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]!

1 Like