POLL: Which one?

Which of these names do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?
  • Osmond
  • Wilton

0 voters

Which do you think goes best with: [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] (g), [name_m]Anson[/name_m] (b), [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (g), [name_u]Linden[/name_u] (b), & [name_m]Heath[/name_m] (b)?

Which fits best?
  • Osmond
  • Wilton

0 voters

Do you think [name_m]Wilton[/name_m] would be confused with [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] too much? It’s a family name so I’m curious.

Thank you!

1 Like

I feel [name_m]Wilton[/name_m] is too close to [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] so you’ll probably get a lot of confusion from strangers, I suggest [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] if you want an alternative, personally however I love [name_m]Osmond[/name_m] so much, and that was my ultimate choice for both polls given how it fits well with the sibling set and stand alone it’s much preferred!

1 Like

Thank you!! That’s what I was thinking. I like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] but it almost seem too preppy for me. I’m crushing on [name_m]Osmond[/name_m]! Another family name for me and it’s a little less mainstream as [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] (which is another fav)

1 Like

I actually read it as [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] and voted for it, oops! I’d vote [name_m]Osmond[/name_m] over [name_m]Wilton[/name_m]

1 Like

Totally understandable haha. I wasn’t sure how it would be received but I thought I’d throw it out there since I liked [name_m]Walter[/name_m] but it seems too plain compared to the others and [name_m]Wilton[/name_m] is a family name.

I don’t feel that [name_m]Wilton[/name_m] would be mistaken for [name_m]Wilson[/name_m]… I just think of “wilting” when I see/hear [name_m]Wilton[/name_m]

4 Likes

Yes I hear that too. I don’t have super negative feelings toward wilting or the nn [name_m]Wilt[/name_m] but it was the first thing I thought of :sweat_smile:

I like [name_m]Wilton[/name_m], but maybe [name_m]Walter[/name_m] nickname [name_m]Walt[/name_m] would fit in better. [name_m]Osmond[/name_m] is okay, but I think of [name_m]Donny[/name_m] [name_m]Osmond[/name_m].

1 Like

I do love [name_m]Walter[/name_m]/Walt! I hadn’t even thought of him!

1 Like

Ooh I’m so glad! There’s also [name_m]Walton[/name_m] & [name_m]Walden[/name_m].

Other W’s
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Wells[/name_m]
[name_m]Watson[/name_m]
[name_m]Whitman[/name_m]/Whitten
[name_m]Wellington[/name_m]
[name_m]Woodson[/name_m]
[name_u]Winslow[/name_u]
Winson/Winston
[name_m]Whittaker[/name_m]/Whitaker/Whitt

I just saw your comment about Wilton being a family name for you. You should use it!!

1 Like

I need to run some of these past my SO! I’m interested to see which ones he likes most. I’m liking/loving a lot of them.

1 Like

W names have me like :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: our last name starts with a W too. I always loved [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u] but our name is literally only a few letters away from being [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]. Haha

1 Like

My best friend’s younger brother is named [name_u]Wyatt[/name_u]! He’s a teenager now. Our last name starts with H so we can get away with it; however, one of my fav names ([name_m]Heath[/name_m]) would be an alliteration but I love it anyways lol

1 Like

Aww, that’s so sweet! Ooh I love those. I hope to someday have a [name_u]Wallace[/name_u] W.

1 Like

A few more I found for you!
[name_m]Welch[/name_m]
[name_m]Wolcott[/name_m]
Whitmore
Wentworth

1 Like

The meaning of [name_m]Wolcott[/name_m] is to die for. Fulfilling my cottage core dreams

1 Like

I actually read it as [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] at first, but I prefer [name_m]Osmond[/name_m] anyway. After seeing your list, I think [name_m]Osmond[/name_m] balances your set perfectly! It has the same strong O sound in [name_m]Anson[/name_m] and [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] and the same charm and sweetness as [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. It’s perfect!

2 Likes

I just looked it up- Soo sweet :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Osmond fits best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same but then I just remembered there’s [name_m]Wilt[/name_m] Chamberlain so it could work as a name.

2 Likes